Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

The worldst dumbest laws

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ April 27 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No dumb laws in Finland smile.gif

I kinda like this one:

Chico

* Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.<span id='postcolor'>

lol $500 fine if you set of a nuke, ironic thing is that it would do more like $500,000,000 worth of damage not including the long term effects

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 27 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. It is considered an offense to mow your lawn on a Sunday, because it causes too much noise.

4. It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 P.M. if you live in an apartment.

8. The highest speed allowed on national freeways is 120 km/h.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, i think law number 3 and 4 are pretty normal, why? Well, where i live sunday is the day that everyone can have a li'lle rest, so the government asks us not to make too much noise. Machines make a lot of noice and when you all live next to eachother it can be annoying, very annoying...

The same for the toilet thing, maybe you wouldn't mind it when ppl flush the toilet at night but ppl who sleep bad and wake up very easy don't like it that much. Everytime someone flushes the toilet these ppl are awake again...

I don't understand what's wrong with rule 8, where i live 120 km/h is the fastest you are allowed to drive an the highways. Driving faster is for stupid mad idiots who don't care about their own and other ppls safety.

If you remember how many cultures met in the "new world". Of course the result was a mixed salad of the oddest rules that the world has ever seen.

(oh, and it is probably also due to the fact that every state has very different laws. Isnt the case here where I live)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ April 27 2002,17:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't understand what's wrong with rule 8, where i live 120 km/h is the fastest you are allowed to drive an the highways. Driving faster is for stupid mad idiots who don't care about their own and other ppls safety.<span id='postcolor'>

It's not nice to call every german a stupid mad idiot sad.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

These arnt the exact wording, and i dont know if they have been amended or not (but why would they?).

Kentucky:

It is illegal to put lipstick on a horses mouth on a weekend.

It's illegal to tie a giraffe to a light pole or a telephone/electric pole.