Sign in to follow this  
SammyBusby

The UAV mission

Im in the mission where Im in the tanks at the start and have gotten all the way to the part where Im supposed to use the UAV to locate the missing crewmen. The UAV only allows me to spot ONE place that has a blue Icon on it. Do I use the UAV to progress the mission or is it just basically for show in this mission? Also how do I lock on to a target witht he hellfire missles? When I fire one they dont go where Im aiming. Ive tried to lock the laser on where I want the missile to strike but it just goes elsewhere.

You can only use the hellfires against enemy vehicles unless you get an incredibly lucky shot. The way I do it is I tell the UAV to move really far away and then come back directly at the target I want to hit. I then hit tab to lock them on and then fire.

(assuming this is mission 3)

This one had me stumped for a while too. What you need to do is to use the camera in the UAV to recon those three sites marked on the map. You do not need to lase any targets in this mission, but you do need to keep the camera aimed at the potential site long enough for a complete recon.

(also, please bear with me if I am explaining the obvious here :) )

When in the UAV, open up the map screen and click on a suspected site. This will set up a holding pattern for the UAV centered on that location. Once the UAV is circling that site, use the compass heading and map to determine the rough direction of that site, and move your camera around until you are watching that area. Keep the camera pointed - your character will eventually either conclude that this was not the site, or you'll get a confirmed location.

In my case the correct site was the leftmost

Thanks everyone. Also please be careful of what you post as I recieved a warning for "Spoilers" in my post.

Does anybody else experience the UAV screen to remain completely white? I couldnt see any of those bases in the third mission, so i cant progress the mission.

I can't even find the UAV! I secured the crash site, it get told i need to check out three spots with the UAV, but it does not tell me where the UAV is... I tried to figure it out via the UAV training mission, but i am lost!:mad:

And SiC_Distaster, tried changing the nightvision modes on the UAV with N?

Its in the Linebacker (the Bradley with the stingers instead of TOW). You walk up behind it and get the option.

hi i got one more question, found the UAV and all. but how the heck do i set waypoints for the uav to actually get to the possible locations? i couldnt figure it out. already tried to do the UAV training mission, but all i could do is to train with the other uav (with the apache). but with the other uav (like in the mission pathfinder) the screen keeps black after selecting it..

hi i got one more question, found the UAV and all. but how the heck do i set waypoints for the uav to actually get to the possible locations? i couldnt figure it out. already tried to do the UAV training mission, but all i could do is to train with the other uav (with the apache). but with the other uav (like in the mission pathfinder) the screen keeps black after selecting it..

Go to the map and click I think.