Sign in to follow this  
Beretorn

Coop Multiplayer

Ahoi,

following problem, me and some friend of mine just bought OA. We played Arma 2 before and never had problems with the multiplayer (especially the coop mode, cause thats what we play the most). Usually I create a game online with a password protection (no dedicated server). Worked fine in Arma 2 -> never had any problems with that (got 5 mbit/s upload). Now with OA its totally unplayable. When we play a coop mission where we both lead a small group...he cant command his troop. his soldiers are just standing around like dummies, sometimes they answer the radio but only to say "ready". sometimes they are actually trying to run, but it looks like they are on a treadmill, they dont move a centimeter...my mate and his "dummies" are invincible aswell...

his ping is around 25 to 28 and the desync is constantly 0. We tried everything: deinstalled arma 2 and OA. only reinstalled OA, tried with/without patch = always the same result. we also let him host the game (his upload is about 2 mbit/s, but i guess its enough for 2 players)...but now I was unable to command my troop. any suggestions or other players who have this problem?

bump....

same happens btw when i start a my other pc as dedicated server + at some time his desync is rising like fuck but the ping is about 25

it happens on every mission. coop with no ded server, coop on ded server, scenario mission etc. always when a second squad is involved

exactly the same, right from the start my squad is not moving. standing around like dummies...they cant be killed and they wont report anything

probably dumb questions but...

Do either of you have any problems when joining public servers or anyone else?

Tried disabling windows or other firewall/AV/maybe more?

Are you both using legit, purchased copies of the games? Maybe its that anti-cheat thing? just a thought.

Firewall and Av deactivated, both versions are totally legit...

edit: its basically like in this youtube video except that it effects only the other squad and that the bots still reply to the radio. at the moment we are only able to play small coop missions so that we are both members of one squad.

Edited by Beretorn
youtube

Firewall and Av deactivated, both versions are totally legit...

edit: its basically like in this youtube video except that it effects only the other squad and that the bots still reply to the radio. at the moment we are only able to play small coop missions so that we are both members of one squad.

Perhaps you could try playing with someone else. Next time you make a COOP Campaign session, set the game to public and wait for someone to join.