Sign in to follow this  
HardDog

Arma2 will not start--no errors

Hi,

i have the problem that i cant start the Game.

My old dvd burner LG H42N couldnt copy the "plants2_Tree.pbo" crc error,ten times,same error at the same file.

Then i tried it over the way copy on HD then install ,the exe dont start,no error´s nothing,ten seconds sandwatch nothing else.

I went to my Computer Dealer in the morning and by a new dvd burner to install......the same problem.

It will install without crc error,but the exe will not start the game,no errors nothing,no daemon tools or anything else on my computer.

I have no idea what i can do,to fix this prob.

Have anyone a good tip for me ??? thx

My Hardware:Win xp sp3 core 2Duo 6750 2Gig Ram Ati 3870 Gigabyte P35 DS4 LG GH22LS

greets HardDog

Edited by HardDog

i have the same problem

i buyed the game, installed it. and then nothing. i coud click on the desktop icon and nothing happens.

when i put the cd in again the autostart menu comes and there i only get the install option, i coudnt even click play, if i push "install" again comes that i have already installed arma 2.

tryed to use the exe file direct too nothin, no error nor bluescreen nothing.

i dont have any anti virus programm running or firewall or spybot or whatever coud block anything.

Hi, I have absolutely same problem

I have original (buyed) arma 2 and after instal when i click to icon start the game don't doing anything. In autorun on cd is play button gray. I reinstal the game but it is the same. No error, on bluescreen but game not found

My hw: Win XP sp3; AMD Athlon 64X2 2,8Ghz; 4GB RAM, Ati Radeon 3870 512MB (Ati catalyst 09.6)

I read some people had a problem starting the game and was fixed by installing latest DVD firmware.

The drive might be having problems with the disc protection that is checked on startup.

Edited by EDcase

Well here is what i found, the damn CD doesnt work on 64 bit so, of ur PC is 64 vista bit it wouldnt install for some reason, so ur PC should be 32 bit vista. Today i had the same problem and i installed on my old PC and the new PC so it worked on the old 32 bit but didnt work on new 64 bit vista. So the conclusion is... it doesnt work on 64 vista for some reason

It could be an issue with 64 bit as it's a 32bit program and as such a 64 bit OS should install the registry information to the emulation section of the registry. If you're running a 64 bit O/S, run regedit and look under HKLM->Software->Bohemia Interactive Studio, if there is a key there for Arma 2 then it's installed to the wrong section of the registry.

In either case (32bit or 64bit), uninstall the game, then run regedit and goto HKLM->Software->Bohemia Interactive Studio and delete the Arma 2 key. After that, goto the installation directory of Arma 2 and delete the directory if it is still there. Then attempt to install Arma 2 again from the DvD. If possible, install it in compatibility mode (32 bit if available)

Hope that works.

NO,NO,NO!

I had the problem, and SOLUTION to me?

Download latest gamepatch and install it.

It should then run, at least it did for me...

Sound wierd i now, but the game just would not start with

no patch installed...

Now, try this everyone...

Edited by monz-reality

Here is how i got it to work, I made and image with ISO the image of the DVD and what i did was make a Virtual drive so my PC can see it as a DVD, anyways it worked, no CRC error, some of u might have difficulties but this what i came up with guys , hope it will help u.

I had the same problem...

I tried removing the folder in regedit, but that didnt work. I tried patching it but didnt test it first, so I installed the directx pack that was on the original disc and it worked! :yay:

So I do not know if it was the patching or installing the directx from the original disc that helped, but you can try directx first, then the patch if installing directx doesnt work.

:mad:i tryed to intall arma2 on xp professional and it doesnt load and i dont know why anyone know ? help will be apriceated:confused:

List your computer specs.

List what version you have (DVD version, D2D version, Metaboli, etc)

Try unplugging any USB devices that you don't need (especially controllers like Xbox, joystick, for testing purposes)