Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

engagement radius

hi,

is it possible to limit the radius engagement? I would like limit it at 100 meters around the officer, because this is really boring to see soldiers engaging ennemy units at 500 meters. And one after one they are killed.

hi,

is it possible to limit the radius engagement? I would like limit it at 100 meters around the officer, because this is really boring to see soldiers engaging ennemy units at 500 meters. And one after one they are killed.

Mmmm... i'm afraid not the way you'd like.

There are several parameters with which you can play, such as :

• Sensibility parameters in the CfgVehicle section ("sensitivity" - which is eye sensibility, usually around 1 but increased in WW4 mod for example, and "sensitivityEar" - earing sensibility).
  • They other ones are ammunition ranges defined in the cfgAmmo, which cause your guys to run towards the enemy until they reach the appropriate range.
  • As the leader give orders to engage, the command this disableAI "target" avoid the leader to assign targets and units are only targeting on their own, which make them engage less. You can add this disableAi "Autotarget" which disable AI ability to fin a target on its own (independently from the assigned ones).

thx Prof. (le petit robert de OFP;) )

where I put "this disableAI "target"; in the officer init?

thx Prof. (le petit robert de OFP;) )

where I put "this disableAI "target"; in the officer init?

Well, as the leader may die, you should launch the command on each units of the group, such as :

{_x disableAI "TARGET"} foreach units group this

in the init line of the leader.

keep in mind that once you have disabled the AI for target or autotarget, there is no way to re-enable it.

still, this may be obvious, but why not just order the troops to hold fire?

in fact, I would like to keep the soldiers in an area for waiting the ennemy attack, and this for all the groups which defend a town (for example):)