Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate_thunder

Time lapse script/trigger(need looping trigger)

Im trying to find a way to do a time lapse without having to use a script. If it cant be done with a trigger than ill try a script, but if at all possible i would rather go with a trigger.

This is what i have as of right now..

a trigger, set to "repeatadly"

in min-mid-max put the number 1 each (as in seconds)

in the condition field put instead of "this": TRUE

in the activation field put: skiptime 1

this skips just one time then stops. I dont know why its not looping.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Well, repeatedly doesn't mean looping but activable several times. For example, if the trigger is activated by bluefor repeatedly, a bluefor soldier can activate it when going inside of the trigger area, but if another bluefor follows him, he won't activate the trigger again as the first bluefor soldier is still in the area. To activate it again, it must first be deactivated (ie every bluefor must go out of the trigger's area then go back inside again).

About your question, you could use a boolean variable which will help you to fire the trigger as if it were looping. Let's call it "Activate_My_Trigger"

Write this in the condition line of the trigger (instead of "this") :

Activate_My_Trigger

Write this in the "on activation" line of the trigger :

skiptime 1;Activate_My_Trigger=false;

And this in the "on deactivation" line :

Activate_My_Trigger=true;

To fire the trigger the first time, just set the Activate_My_Trigger to true, for example by writing this in the init line of a unit :

Activate_My_Trigger=true;

Wow thanks, that worked.

The only problem i am having is the time for the trigger to reset is too high. Even if i set the min mid max to 0.0001, it still only ticks around a second. Any way around this?

Well, i'm afraid not. Could you explain what you intend to do ? Because if you don't wanna any pause, you could "skiptime" a greater amount of time and so you won't need any trigger.

Im doing a time lapse video and i need the jumps in time to be seemless. I tried setting the settime to a low value and using setAccTime to increase that time but that doesnt seem to work either.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

This is kinda what im going for

I just checked on OFP and it does elapse time faster. Can't check on ArmA2 ATM (i'm at work).