Sign in to follow this  
EvilDutch

circular addon dependency error out of nowhere?..

Sup guys,

So i have been working for a couple of weeks now on a addon for our community and arma community and out of nowhere i get this error, it worked perfectly fine until now. No idea how or why this message's came up today, haven't done anything special to it yet because it worked 2 days back and i haven't done anything in 2 days and after i started up the game to test the mod today it was broken?. First i thought it was because i included a weapon addon to the same folder where my addon is. But after removing that one the message stays referring to my own addon. (circular addon dependency in 'mopp4_gcm_units').

Anyone a idea where i need to start looking into or what i can do about this?.

Kind Regards,

EvilDutch

MOPP4 Gaming Community.

That was my first thought to, but the last couple of days there was no patch release on the normal build.

I think the errors with patches will come on the full release, i'm pretty sure they will remove everything with beta from the codings of the units.

EDIT:

Oké, every modder going to slap me now :p.. The error came from the mod because i added mopp4_gcm_unit.pdo > cfgPatches.hpp > requiredAddons[] = {"mopp4_gcm_unit"}; instead of adding it to the mopp4_gcm_config.pdo > cfgPatches.hpp > requiredAddons[] = {"mopp4_gcm_unit"}; So basically what happened was that the addon required his own addon and that made the circular addon dependency error.

Edited by EvilDutch
Fixed error.

That'd make sense - if you break it down circular is another way of saying going round ("in a circle") and so it's probably looping its own dependency for an addon!