Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Teleporting JIP players to where the action is

I have a problem where my mission takes place across a fairly large area, and JIP players start at the insertion point when the mission may be close to the end, and JIP players must run for an eternity to catch up to the squad.

My solution was to create warp flags that teleported JIP players as "reinforcements", somewhat within the realm of the current objective. I used

player setPos (getMarkerPos "warpzone2");

inside my warp trigger when a player enters it. The problem is, it teleports EVERYONE to the location, and that's absolutely NOT what I want. I want ONLY the player who entered the warp trigger to be teleported.

How do I fix this?

First off, triggers placed via map are executed globally which is why everyone is being teleported. on the trigger activation you should do something like this: if(local (thislist select 0)) then {player setPos (getMarkerPos "warpzone2")};

It's probably better to place a flag or some sort of object at your base and add an action to it that players click to teleport. This would eliminate the execution on all clients, etc.

Thanks Tonic, so if I did an addAction at the flag instead, would I use the same code? player setPos (getMarkerPos "warpzone2"); (In a SQF) ?

Edited by SpecOp9

Thanks Tonic, so if I did an addAction at the flag instead, would I use the same code? player setPos (getMarkerPos "warpzone2"); (In a SQF) ?

Yep, that would work fine.

snip.

Edited by cuel

If I where you, I'd make them teleport to their groupleaders instead of using a fixed marker. Otherwise players will use that action to teleport there right at the start – which is probably not your intention.

Using some sort of respawn-vehicle as warp-target would also work nicely.

Hi Tajin, I made it so that the first objective must be complete before the first warp flag is available, which eliminated the ability to warp at mission start. Each mission completion unlocks a new warp so that when JIPers join at any time they can join in on the fight