Sign in to follow this  
chatterbox360

Image Intro??

I have looked at many tutorials on how to add a images to Arma 2 Editor, I couldnt get any to work, most likely cause I didnt understand their way of explaining it. But I want to add images, that are shown when triggered, using Triggers?

Please help ?

This demo mission shows an image intro. Just run the code that's in init.sqf from a trigger if you wanted it at other times.

Note that you'll need to declare the picture and the titles settings in description.ext then call them from in game using titleRSC.

description.ext:

Do this instead. :)

Code to call the image:

// start the display of the intro picture
titleRsc["[color="#FF0000"]introImage[/color]", "PLAIN", 1];

You can also call it directly from a trigger without scripts by selecting EFFECTS then Type = RESOURCE then select your "IntroImage" resource from the Effect dropdown.

Edited by kylania

Thanks :) with your help i managed to add a triggerable image, but it doesn't fit the screen? is there a way to change the size to fit the screen? I tried making the image larger but nothing happened? what should I do?

-Im using a trigger to show the image but I used your description.ext and code to call the image.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

P.S - is it possible to add like a movie clip? a short film? I've googled abit but have not seen anything yet, and if possible any links or if you know how to can you explain to me how to do it?

Images usually get scaled down in size about 50%, so I use these settings:

x = -0.5;

y = -0.5;

w = 2;

h = 2;

This is what I am actually using right now in one of my missions:

x = -0.5; //side to side

y = -0.35; //top to bottom

w = 2; //x2 size

h = 1.8; //little less than x2 height (works well for cinema border scenes)

I have the image appear during my very short sqf intro movie.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

Images usually get scaled down in size about 50%, so I use these settings:

x = -0.5;

y = -0.5;

w = 2;

h = 2;

This is what I am actually using right now in one of my missions:

x = -0.5; //side to side

y = -0.35; //top to bottom

w = 2; //x2 size

h = 1.8; //little less than x2 height (works well for cinema border scenes)

I have the image appear during my very short sqf intro movie.

Thank A-SUICIDAL

But where would I put these lines? in my description.ext or ?

Copy what Kylania posted and paste it into the bottom of your description.ext file, then you can replace the x,y,w,h lines with what I posted above. Make sure that you replace "aan.paa" with the name of your .paa image. Sometimes when I change my image and then save my mission and go to preview the new changes, the old image still appears, so I constantly rename my image each time I make any changes and it and it prevents the old cached image from appearing.

As for making intro movies... Here's a couple of youtube tutorial movies that you can watch that shows you step by step how to make an intro movie. It's very simple and fun. Converting it from sqs to sqf is a little tricky, but since it's just a movie, you can leave it as sqs.

There are a few other tutorials on youtube that you can easily find. Hope that helps.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

Images usually get scaled down in size about 50%

Yes, because of safeZones. You should never use absolute coordinates in Arma 2 if you want something to appear in a corner. [0,0] is no longer the top left, only if the aspect ratio is set to 4:3 and UI size is very large.

The following will display the image fullscreen, vertically centered and letterboxed if the aspect ratio of the image differs from the game's aspect ratio. You need to change the 2048 and 1024 in two places to whatever dimensions your image has.

class RscPicture 
{ 
access=0; 
type=0; 
idc=-1; 
style=48; 
colorBackground[]={0,0,0,0}; 
colorText[]={1,1,1,1}; 
font="TahomaB"; 
sizeEx=0; 
lineSpacing=0; 
text=""; 
};
class RscText
{
access = 0;
type = 0;
idc = -1;
style = 0;
w = 0.1;
h = 0.05;
font = "TahomaB";
sizeEx = 0.04;
colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0};
colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};
text = "";
fixedWidth = 0;
shadow = 0;
};
class RscTitles
{
titles[] = {introImage}; // optional

class introImage
{	
	idd = -1;	
	movingEnable = false;
	duration = 5; // 5 second display time
	fadein = 2; // 2 second fade in - 7 seconds in all.
	name = "IntroImage"; 

class ControlsBackground
	{
		class Background : RscText //Black background for letterboxing in case of a different aspect ratio than the image
		{
			x = "safeZoneX";
			y = "safeZoneY";
			w = "safeZoneW";
			h = "safeZoneH";
			colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,1};
		};
	};
	class Controls
	{
		class image1: RscPicture
		{	
			x = "safeZoneX";
			y = "safeZoneY+((safeZoneH-(safeZoneW/(2048/1024)*(4/3)))/2)"; //Substitute 2048 and 1024 for the x,y dimensions of your image
			w = "safeZoneW";
			h = "safeZoneW/(2048/1024)*(4/3)"; //Substitute 2048 and 1024 for the x,y dimensions of your image
			text = "aan.paa";
		};
	};
};
};