Sign in to follow this  
Hunter123

Anti aliasing problem

Whenever I try to enable some anti aliasing in operatin arrowhead, my screen gets really burry. I tried to set the rendering options accordingly, but without success. Anyone elso having this problem?

Haven't heard of that issue, but make sure your Interface res and 3D res are the same.

I have the same problem with my ATI 5850 card, while my laptop's Nvidia 9800GTX doesn't show the same problem. I tried installing the latest Catalyst 10.6 drivers, but it didn't help.

Maybe it's ATi related, then. I think people have been having some issues with their latest drivers IIRC.

I read several posts saying that there are problems with 10.5 and 10.6 but 10.4 is good.

Does the screen go burry even with PostProcess OFF?

Edited by EDcase

Thanks for the answers guys! My interface res is 1280x1024 and my 3d res is 1920x1280. Even if i turn the pp off, my screen goes blurry. I'm using the latest cc drivers, so maybe that could cause the problem?

Hmm, you shouldnt really have such diffrent resolutions for interface and 3D.

At least use the same aspect ratio.

Interface should be set to what your monitors native is, eg what you use in windows.

3D should then be either the same as interface or something lower but with the same aspect ratio.

Only time interface shouldn´t be the same as native is when, for example, wanting to use widescreen resolutions on a 4:3 monitor.

In your case Hunter123,

Set interface to 1280x1024.

Set 3D to 1280X1024 aswell and aspect ratio to auto or 5:4.

If you want widescreen, set 3D to 1280x800 and aspect ratio to 16:10. Or even wider, set 3D to 1280x720 and aspect ratio to 16:9.

Now try using AA.

Edited by [TwK]Danny

Danny;1678504']Hmm' date=' you shouldnt really have such diffrent resolutions for interface and 3D.

At least use the same aspect ratio.

[b']Interface[/b] should be set to what your monitors native is, eg what you use in windows.

3D should then be either the same as interface or something lower but with the same aspect ratio.

Only time interface shouldn´t be the same as native is when, for example, wanting to use widescreen resolutions on a 4:3 monitor.

In your case Hunter123,

Set interface to 1280x1024.

Set 3D to 1280X1024 aswell and aspect ratio to auto or 5:4.

If you want widescreen, set 3D to 1280x800 and aspect ratio to 16:10. Or even wider, set 3D to 1280x720 and aspect ratio to 16:9.

Now try using AA.

Not exactly. Your 3d Res and Standard Res should be the same (100%) but if you want to increase your definition (BIS Proprietry Super Anti-Aliasing) Then you have to set your 3d Resolution to a higher value than your standard resolution.

That said, if you set your 3D res to a much larger value than your standard resolution then you're likely to get problems especially in the performance area.

Yes ofc, but the issue is blurred image using AA, why would he be interessted in using SSAA aswell? Sounds like asking for an avg fps below 5 to me. And SSAA tend to blur the image, and since he did use a higher 3D resolution (and hence enabled SSAA) it might be the cause of his problem.

Yeah, having your 3D Res set that much higher than your Interface Res is going to create a faux-AA situation and probably make things looks slightly blurrier.