Sign in to follow this  
legion7698

Blank firing

Hey all,

So I'm making some weapons and am trying to put in a few with blank firing. I know that I can lower the damage the round does to almost nothing or delete the bullet as it is fired. However neither of the options are what I'm after as the first means the AI wont fire it and the second means nothing hits the target making it hard to know when you have been hit.

So I'm basicly after the effects of the first one but where the AI will still fire. I think I recall a mod that did this but it was so long ago I cant remember what it was.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

There used to be a script for MILES system on OFPEC, but now it's gone. Basicly it would make the guns seem non-lethal by setting the injured units' damage back to zero as they get hit, using the eventHandler "hit". If you've got the skills, you could try scripting something like that, or ask in OFPEC if they still had the script stored anywhere.

Hey Rellikki,

Cheers for the response. I've had some experiance with the "Hit" eventhandler in the past. All though how I'd attach that to a weapon and/or ammo I dont know. I will try on OFPEC later when I get the time.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

ROC MOD had a miles type system too.

STGN

Hey Rellikki,

Cheers for the response. I've had some experiance with the "Hit" eventhandler in the past. All though how I'd attach that to a weapon and/or ammo I dont know. I will try on OFPEC later when I get the time.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

Well you can't, the hit eventhandler is attached to the target and not to the weapon that is firing. But once attached to the target, it can check what kind of weapon has hurt the victim.

Hey all,

@ProfTournesol: From what I understand with your solution it would need to be put in each mission. Were as I'm after a plug and play with anyone being able to have the weapon. Unless theres a way to do this without having to create a config for some units. Of course you have a far better understanding of these things than I do so I might be wrong.

@STGN: Thats the mod I was thinking of. Does anyone know were to get it from so I can have a look how they did it.

Regards,

LEGION7698.