Sign in to follow this  
Lansen

Engine on command doesnt work! and a little tip

I have this problem that is very annoying, I cant get an helicopter to start its engine wtih engineon command.

I have tried writing heli1 action ["engineon"] in the "on activation" field of a trigger and I have also tried it in a little script with different ways to select the pilot etc... I have tried both action ["engineon"] and ["str_action_engineon"] but with no result. sad.gif

the latest test I did was writing a script like this;

_grp = _this select 0

_aunits = units _grp

_i = 0

(_aunits select _i) action ["STR_ACTION_EngineOn"]

(_aunits select _i) sidechat "engine on"

exit;

(_aunits select _i) sidechat "engine on" is because I want to see that the script is activated correctly.

btw, here is a little thing I came up with last night when playing around with my old SAR script. When you want a helicopter to land and keep its engine running, write: heliname land "getin" and heliname flyinheight 0. land "getin makes the helicopter to choose a good spot to land on and the flyinheight 0 makes it actually land smile.gif sometimes its better to have flyinheight 1. That also works with helicopters when you want them too spool up before they lift off when they start. write: heliname flyinheight 0 in the init field and then have a trigger with countdown on the time you want the helicopter to spool up, then on activation field of trigger, write heliname flyinheight 25 r something to have it flying to its next waypoint smile.gif

Choppername action ["Engineon"] Should work.

Try itin a trigger activation west (if chopper is from west side)

On the activation Field Type Choppername action ["Engineon"]