Sign in to follow this  
genterprise

Detecting If a Building has Been Destroyed

I have spent an hour looking through my search responses and have not found an answer.

There is a house (more like a hangar on a runway) object id 144163, I am going to do a bomb run un it and want to know how to make a trigger to give me a message (maybe using "hint") to let me know if the building is destoryed.

I am brand new to this ARMA2 editing and scritping and have spent hours reading in order to find answers to this and other questions.

Please help.

Also, I have noticed that a lot of you guys give "answers" but you dont give help. I am a technical instructor and what has made me so good at it is that I can answer technical questions with people that are not yet technical but explain in a way they don't feel intimidated but yet get it. Many of you on here are very talented at scripting but are not gifted with explaining to a beginner. So please keep in mind this is my first ARMA2 endeaver. I Know javascript, vbscript, visual basic, java and some others, but this ARMA 2 Scripting is not registering please help!!!

Thanks!!!

Place an invisible (Empty) marker (F6) next to the building and call it "buildingcheck1".

Place down a trigger (F3) and enter the following values into the appropriate fields.

Condition:

!alive ((getMarkerPos "buildingcheck1") nearestObject 144163)

On Activation:

hint "The building has been destroyed"

:)

Oh, you are better off asking mission-related questions in this section, this one is intended for addons ;)

Edited by Deadfast

Wow - that was a fast response. And it was very clear!

Thanks!!!!!

I chose ARMA for my PC Leagues War Game/Simulator because it is the best out there for PC (and as far as I am concerned evem beats the consoles).

I decided to start making a few Tournament Ready Multiplayer Maps. I had no idea how great the user support is for this game also. Thanks Much!

It worked like a charm....

SIncerely,

Gabriel

PS - is there a guide that gives the names of commands and how they can be used in scritping (say the scripting language alond with syntax?) If so please direct me. Thanks Again!!!!

PS - is there a guide that gives the names of commands and how they can be used in scritping (say the scripting language alond with syntax?) If so please direct me. Thanks Again!!!!

BIKI to the rescue :)