Sign in to follow this  
Mage

Quick question regarding mapping (easy for experts)

1- I made a ramp for a bridge in sketchup and exported it via O2, In order to use it in my map, should I store this file in my project folder?

P:\tt\thetown\ <- should I put my model there? so it is compiled along with my map?

That will work.. and it will be binarized along with your map (when any errors lurking in your model will also become clear... or at least apparent ;)), however - it becomes an integral part of the island, and if you decide you need to update the ramp model - you'll have to issue a complete map update...

If its only one or two models and you prefer to embed them, you could just make an "objects" folder in where you suggest - place your models in there - then add them to Visitor from that location in the usual "Artificial Objects" menu way... Then the game will know where to look for them...

If you're going to have more than one or two custom models and/or you prefer the easy update seperate file option, then you could make a seperate models file... see Icebreakrs Isla Duala or Panthera as an example of how its done...

You'll need to remember to add that file as a "required addon" in your island config, and, of course - include it with your download...

B

Much clearer now, Thank you thank you Bushlurker :)