Sign in to follow this  
Berliner19

How to put a mapmarker with an script?

Hi Guys.....

Iam working on an mission and got some problems. The Task is to get an map with an location of an Anti Air Station. But i dont want to show the location of Station before you find the map.

How can i say ArmA that he shows the marker only if the player got the map?

Hopefully you know what i mean. Sorry for my bad English:)

Okay... if you're getting a map then it's probably easiest to add the marker in the action script for the map. Are you already using addAction on the map item you need to pick up?

If so, all you need to do is use the marker commands to create your new marker.

A simplified approach might be to place the marker in the mission editor but make it invisible, and then just use the script to make it visible to the user. Another option could be to place it at a "suspected location" and then move it to a more precise location once the map is found. So if the player decides getting the map is too hard, they can instead go searching in the general area.

So many options! But if the location of interest is always the same, probably pre-placing the marker using the editor and hiding it until the map item is found is the easiest option.

If you're making a MP mission, you might need to do something clever. There's nothing about locality on those pages, but the presence of "local" versions of the functions suggest that maybe they are global.

Ahh Thx for the reply...but it works now....

_marker = createMarker["Anti Air Station",[0,0]];

_marker setMarkerShape "ICON";

"Anti Air Station" setMarkerType "Destroy";

"Anti Air Station" setMarkerPos [(getPos L1 select 0),(getPos L1 select 1)];

And yes i used the addaction to get the map.