Sign in to follow this  
Vicotnik

Soviet mission #6 (i think)

I'm having some trouble with the soviet mission where you have to drive your truck through a lot of barrage to take out 4 vulcans on the Malden beach. It doesn't seem to matter what I do but I always get killed.

Some tips, anyone?

biggrin.gif

Played that mission by myself earlier today, gets killed by a patrol spawning behind me when iam going for the first pair of Vulcans, but have a look at this Red Hammer-walktrought, i dont think it's so hard, havent tried the mission seriously..

I tyried to go to the site, but the lag is so bad I just get a Gateway Timeout.

This mission has been driving me nuts.  I swear I've killed everyone on the pennisula with the first pair of Vulcans, but when I my squad and I get in the jeep and head towards the next one, there's always one guy where who takes shots at me, half the time he kills me.

If he doesn't, I get massacarred at the next waypoint.

I tell my guys to stay low and am crawling, but they judt charge off down the hill, die, and give away my position, so I get gunned down by AKs.

I know rthe right tactic for beating the mission, but my squad just won't listen to me.

Just recently tried it again, always, when I get to the second pair, if I'm over far enough to the left to hit them both without the building getting in the way, I get killed from the left flank.

And it doesn't help that my men still don't want to listen to my orders. They either charge off and die, or hang back and get me killed.

Brutally hard mission.

Key to this mission is being slow and methodical, always check your six on the penninsula. There's a sniper up there that will eat you alive if you don't take him out. Plus, the M21 he has will be a BIG help on the next set of Vulcans. For those, set up shop on the big hill. Have most of your team stay back except for the sniper, and have him perch on the hill. Take out all the troops you can, then if you have to kill one of your men and take his rpg (hey, it works......). If you're a good shot with an RPG you can probably take out at least one of them from long range, but its risky, if you miss you could quickly find yourself blown to bits. Better chance if you rush the base and take them out from behind buildings. Your sniper can provide you cover should you have forgotten any troops.

The pennisula is no problem, I clear off the pennisula and yes I always grab the M21.  It's just when I go back, a soldier and a genadier crawl out of the camp I just cleared out a minute ago and hide in the bushes to pester you on your way back.

I can avoid them pretty easily nw, though.

I'm not a very good shot with the RPG, which is why I usually advance right to the ridge.  I don't know if I could hit them from the hill.

Oh, and also, I always grab a LAW from the allied camp, but I always miss the one on the left.

I'll try it, though

And Rambo-ing would be tough because I'd need one guy to watch the flanks while the other pins down the ones in town

I was almost thinking of trying the satchel charges, but those Vulcans are Death if they spot you..