Sign in to follow this  
CSP.Wizard

Ingame VoIP and desynchronization annoying problems

Hi, sorry if such questions were already asked, I didn't find them with search.

Currently we've a lot of problems with in-game VoIP playing on-line, some parts of words or even words or sentences disappear on their way from man who is speaking to others. And this is a great failure for us, because we want to play online with a lot of people in PvP and TvT modes, as a result we have to use third parties programs like TeemSpeek and that is annoying. This bug is a great disadvantage of the ArmA 2, and quite many people would like to play under these circumstances.

As I suppose this bug could be caused by the UDP protocol that is used for the game communications, desynchronization may be too. The UDP is quite good for LAN games, and it's not for Internet games because udp packets could be dropped on their way from host and nobody will know about it.

My question is: When these problems will be fixed? If this is really caused bu the UDP proto why you wouldn't use the TCP/IP proto instead?

This problems create much more disadvantages for players rather then we don't have chenook (arrowhead) or smth so.