Sign in to follow this  
stgn

OFP with gaming mouse

I recently bought a dedicated gaming mouse for my computer, a steelseries IKARI laser mouse. What I have found is, that the greatest benefit is to my wrist which to my surprise does not hurt after running and gunning in clean sweep anymore. Next is that the control seems sharper although I had to reduce the DPI on the low setting(it has two, high and low which are both customizable) to 600 which suit my muscle memory, the in game feel is right and because I play with out 2x zoom on the guns, so its easier to take long shots. I haven't really tested what if any difference it has in OFP but I have turned off any stability help the mouse can provide so its hard to draw straight lines but I like that feel when playing feels more "real". The mouse also has two extra buttons for the thumb, which can be set up to use any key combination you want, I haven't really figured out what would be best for OFP right now number 3 is set up for V but as I am not used to having the keys on the sides I find that I wanna use my pointing finger when I press with the thumb which has resulted in negligent rifle discharges so I don't really use them often. do anybody have a good ideas for setting up the extra buttons?

mousezf.jpg

^I think this feature is pretty cool, because the mouse is designed for more serious gamers than me it has a memory and stores all the customizable settings you have set, so you don't need to bring you own computer to make it run like you want, Just plug and play. The cool thing is the LCD display on the bottom which shows the settings profile name.

I know that the community is small but I was wondering if others have experiences they want to share?

STGN

In my experience you absolutely must have on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment with a high DPI mouse in Flashpoint. Lowering the in-game mouse sensitivity causes weird snap-to-grid effects that make accurate aiming impossible.

I have push-to-talk and weapon sights on the thumb buttons.