Sign in to follow this  
DokiDoki

Importing sattelite and mask.

Ok, I have been trying now for months to get a map imported in Visitor 3. I read a lot of tutorials and still cant figure it out.

By now I have a 8192x8192 solid green mask (represents sand) and a sattelite picture of solid orange (as far as I know this should not matter?). When I try to import this the editor crashes at half of the importing.

Might this be thanks to me doing something wrong during the calculations while starting a new project?

Or is it maybe something im doing wrong in the prework already?

Im sorry for not being able to explain this better; I have not been able to make too much sense out of this all so far and I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

And just after I typed this I get to load my first nothingness into the editor. Sadly I am greeted by the Bulldozer telling me that it is out of memory. Asking for 300mb where I have roughly 6 GB to work with.

I shall try out more.

Did you correctly set the Project Parameters for your map?

on Visitor3:

Tools -> Project Parameters

open calculator, set your sat image size (i presume 8192 but check with yours), click on APPLY and close the calculator.

Remember the sat and the mask maps must be the same size, and the same size you entered in project parameters calculator.

I got it figured out already :). I made the land now a lot smaller to keep bulldozer from crashing with the out of memory message. Which is weird seeing that it uses 2GB, asks for 300 more and I have about 6 GB left...

Anyways, I got it all up and running now and will just work with smaller land sizes.