Sign in to follow this  
stlmikey

Launch issues fixed?

Me and some buddies bought this game at launch, and had a lot of fun with it, however we stopped playing shortly after due to some (in our minds) gamebreaking features. I want to know if its worth reinstalling, if these issues are fixed.

We basically just had lots of issues with hit detection, mostly due to lag (both direct connected, and over a dedicated server) as well as some problems with AI having too much health? For example getting shot, falling down, getting straight back up and firing my direction...as well as the AI was just plain bad at some points.

I've read that patches have "fixed" some of these things, but im just curious to see how far its improved.

thank you!

*EDIT*: ACE Mod? I read something about it being a godsend for the issues I described, maybe that's all I was missing before?

Edited by stlmikey
new knowledge

Hey,

I never had any of the issues you speak of, but I don't doubt for a minute that you experienced them. You should try the game with latest 1.05 patch, for me there is almost nothing wrong with the game now.

(tbh, I have never had any gamebreaking issues with the game)

Try it and see how it works out on your pc :)

Ace mod i not so much of a "patcher" as it is an excellent mod. It adds a huge amount of features, but it also introduces many bugs of its own. I am not sure how/what bugs it fixes in Arma 2, but I guess that's for you to find out.

:)

Kind Regards,

Richie.

I never had those issues either. I'd suggest to just download the latest patch (and reinstall if you removed your arma installation) and try it out yourself. It's always better to see for yourself :)