Sign in to follow this  
ruskoz

Cant patch Arma 2 Direct2Drive version

I have tried many different patch host and download the full version and I keep getting the same bad install. The patch system is porked. I read in another post its because its a unified patch with stream and registry issues that this might cause.

The point is I need to reinstall arma 2 and I cant patch it!

winxp 64bit

This is the message im getting after the install is done:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA II Steam

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.02 to version 1.05...

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ROCKS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\TRACKED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.05 has been applied successfully.

This cant be a good install????

I just went through this problem myself, albeit with the Gamersgate version of Arma2. After much hand-wringing and hair-pulling (not to mention forum searching), I did the following. Note that not all of this was probably necessary to make the 1.05 patch install properly, but at least one of the steps obviously cured the problem:

1. De-installed Arma2 and removed all the registry entries related to Bohemia Interactive/Arma2 from the registry via Regedit.

2. Ran disk defragmenter on my hard drive.

3. Reinstalled Arma2 without patching. When installing, I let Arma2 install to the default path on my HD it wanted: in my case, C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2. My previous failed patching attempts happened when I'd installed to a different custom directory...I have no idea if that was significant, but I thought I'd play it safe this time.

4. Ran the campaign up until the first save point on the ship, then exited (this was suggested in another thread here in the tech support forum).

5. Downloaded the 1.04 patch. Installed it. No errors here.

6. Finally, installed 1.05, held breath, crossed fingers and toes, sacrificed a rubber chicken to the dark gods, etc. etc. Installed with no errors. Whew! :bounce3:

I'm running windows 7 64-bit edition, by the way. Seems 64-bit users of all Windows varieties are having the most trouble with this.

Edited by IpseDixit

Yes Sir that did the trick...The 1.05 patch is only good after Arma 2 is patched up to 1.04.

thanks brother!

x2

A team member also had this issue last night. When updating D2D 1.02 to 1.05, it gave all the errors mentioned above (odd it was telling him during 1.05 install "Updating Steam version..ect").

He then reinstalled D2D 1.02, patched it to 1.04 then to 1.05 without a flaw.

He is also happy to play again.

x2

A team member also had this issue last night. When updating D2D 1.02 to 1.05, it gave all the errors mentioned above (odd it was telling him during 1.05 install "Updating Steam version..ect").

He then reinstalled D2D 1.02, patched it to 1.04 then to 1.05 without a flaw.

He is also happy to play again.

I got those same errors (all #STEAM) on my new D2D download yesterday when it updated from 1.02.x to 1.05.x, but the game ran fine afterwards and shows as 1.05.x. I re-ran the the patch and it just went to 100% and said it's already at 1.05, no errors shown, and is all set. My assumption is as I didn't start with the Steam version so that's why it isn't updating those files. I also applied the 1.05a Hotfix, still all is well...

Running Vista 62 with UAC disabled.

The guy I referred to could also play and it showed proper version. But when he tried to join MP servers, he was kicked.

The guy I referred to could also play and it showed proper version. But when he tried to join MP servers, he was kicked.

Thanks BigBear, i'll give MP a try and see if it balls me up. If it does i'll do the uninstall/reinstall to default/patch to 1.04, then to 1.05 update thing to see if that works for me too.