Sign in to follow this  
Karlo

Making Paratroopers with BIS_fnc_spawnGroup

I have this code placed in the On Act. trigger box :

[getMarkerPos "marker1", East, 9,[], ["ParachuteEast"],[0.4,0.6,100]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup; Hint "Where is the paratrooper?"

I am making this for Arma2 v 1.05 multiplayer mode.

I get no creation of the paratrooper unit and I want the unit to appear 100 meters above the marker which is named marker1. Can anyone help me with this?

The below code works except that the paratroopers appear on the ground and not 100 meters up when the trigger is activated.

[getPosASL heli_front, side heli_front, ["parachuteeast", "parachuteeast"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup; Hint "Where is the paratrooper?"

Edited by Karlo

OK, I figured it out myself. The solution seems ugly but it works.

Just place the below code in the On act. box of the trigger window.

[getPosASL para_spawn_pt, side para_spawn_pt, ["parachuteeast", "parachuteeast"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup; Hint "Where is the paratrooper?"

The above code will cause 2 russian paratroopers to appear when any blufor unit enters the trigger area. I used "game logic" with the tag "para_spawn_pt" to create an object that is located 100 m above sea level and the paras appear there and fall to earth. You can try other objects like the invisible "H" as well.

Edited by Karlo

Actually, I think that's pretty slick! Well done!

And thanks for posting your solution. All too often, people forget to do that. :D