Sign in to follow this  
striker(PANDA)

Making a NSIS Installer

Ok, Ive just installed NSIS Installer, and i need some help with it,

I have three folders, one is the main folder and then in that folder thats two sub folders. Now i want to make an installer that installs this main folder and the two inside it into my Bohemia Interactive\ArmA directory, and then i want it to make an arma shortcut with a diffrent target line, so something like "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@xxxxx

Can someone help me with this, or can someone who has made an installer and knows what to do help me please.

Thank you

What are you trying to accomplish? Like, have a standard setup - the main folder and subfolders - that people can install to their A2 directory? Are you going to have to read the A2 directory from the registry?

One thing I would recommend would be the HMNE editor for NSIS.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hmne/

As I recall, it has a wizard that can help you do something like this.

Oof. That bites.

Uh... I'd have to do some serious digging to remember how I got set up. :D It has been awhile.

But, and I hate to be a pest about this, can you give a bit more info on what your end goal is? Also, I recall getting some very good advice at various NSIS forums. You could probably find something to get you started pretty quickly.