Sign in to follow this  
Guest Titanium

What is it that is so hard for people to learnto..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2002,02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fly..yes, Land...no wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

You have'nt by any chance seen Indiana Jones lately? tounge.gif hehe

I ain't saying I'm a badass at this and a badass at that.

My fav chopper is the Apache (with or without AI cp/g).

To all you arcade-pilots, that means: Co-Pilot/Gunner biggrin.gif

I just wish I met one of you in a MPgame. Then we'll see what you can do wink.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Shadow runs over to the Cougar-forum to see when he can expect his order to arrive</center></span>

lol nothing is funnier than when i play MP and i type in comm "who's a good pilot to airdrop us to our objective?" and one guy says "me i'm a good pilot". you get 8 people into the chopper and it crashes less than a minute after takeoff.

I use both third and first person view. Third is better for landing so you can see below you better. It too me about 2-3 days to get used to it.

I hate the Mi17, espicially after that Bastage of a mission called "Grounded". It flys like a train.

The Kiowa and the Cobra are my two most favorite choppers. The blackhawk has decent control. If my home computer was hooked-up online, i would love to fly in MP. My landings are getting better and faster all the time with a good chopper.

East needs better, more manueverable Heli's. Mi24 is only good chopper they have in game.

Joystick for Heli's

Mouse for jets and flying rocket trains (mi17)

the first time i tried to fly a chopper (was an AH-1 in a demo mission i believe) i ended up crashing upside down pushing all the buttons on my keyboard.  i tried my joystick the other day and after rolling about 10 times and flying upside down for a good 5 minutes i crashed.  guess im too used to the mouse by now

the MI-17 is nice for taking out every single SOB in a defenseless base. 192 rockets can pretty much cover every inch of it and it's a nice way to piss people off.

my personal favorite is when I manage to find a LGB A10 in the level, I get in, find out where the enemy base is, and then carpet bomb the damn thing smile.gif nothing quite so satisfying as seeing the enemy base lieing in ruins with bmps and mbt's fliped upside down with bodies lieing half a click a way smile.gif

of course, you have to make sure its the enemy base, otherwise your team might get a bit mad smile.gif

(I did that once, ouch)

Lol, I agree ! Anytime I play any multiplayer map where there's a chopper, it's the first thing people run for. There is this secret competition as to who gets to the chopper first and boards it as a pilot.

5 Minutes later the pilot in the air asks things like "How do move forward ?" or "Where do we go from here ?"

The 180 degree fast turn around in the chopper is indeed the fastest way to stop, but in real life this hardly works that way.

I also think choppers flying 5 meters off the ground while automatically maintaining their altitude is really childish. No wonder so many fly the choppers, they're easier to operate than tanks ! They should really take off the feature of choppers following terrain height, and give them more realistic physics. Then only those truly qualified would dare at piloting these things, and when a good chopper pilot would be spotted, he'd get the credit he deserves, because any real life pilot will tell you that flying choppers is very difficult, far more difficult than piloting a plane.

ah yes dumb bombing with LGBs and hoping you don't blow up in the process. the biggest threat in multiplayer lies more in the bombs exploding than of AA fire. on one of my winter maps i hid a SU-25 in a snowpile. there were many "WTF"s when suddenly a barrage of rockets landed in their vehicle yard.

I spent bout 3 years or more flying online in CFS.

Never really had a problem with flying other than it being too easy, its not that hard to fly, just takes practise. Fly a chopper in FS2002 or CFS and see how much harder it is, you sneeze and your dead..

I have a sidewinder 2 but I usually fly helos/planes with a mouse.

How many of you guys have managed to land the A10?

That does take some practise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ April 09 2002,10:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How many of you guys have managed to land the A10?

That does take some practise.<span id='postcolor'>

That's easy tounge.gif

Just remember 4 things:

1) Keep your airspeed between 140 and 180km/h

2) use common sense

3) flaps down

2) oh and gears down might be a good idea too wink.gif