Sign in to follow this  
forteh

Binding TQS to throttle?

Hi all, 1st post here and all that, picked up arma2 and got a couple of queries with it :)

I have a thrustmaster stickworks digital flcs/tqs/rcs, how do you properly bind the Z axis on the tqs to increase thrust? It seems to bind ok but doesnt actually work as expected, Im currently using it in windows mode. Probably something stupid Im doing wrong :D

Obviously the game is very intensive hardware wise, this is the 1st game that has recently given anything other than decent framerates on my ageing computer; basically its highlighted that I need to upgrade quite a lot!

Current basic spec is: -

Athlon64 x2 4400+ (socket 939) at stock clock speed of 2.2Ghz

3 gig DDR

9600GT 512mb

Winxp32 sp3

Ive fiddled around with the settings and now get a reasonably steady 18-24 fps which is fairly slow but just playable due to the slow nature of the game. Obviously I need to upgrade my entire machine as its a few years out of date now, unfortunately I cant afford it right now so Im looking to overclock my cpu.

My ram is rated for 550mhz fsb and I have decent cooling so should be able get the clock up to about 2.5-2.6Ghz without much difficulty, am I likely to see much increase in framerates from this? Would I see much benefit from upgrading the 9600GT to a newer offering or is the cpu going to bottleneck too much to make it worthwhile?

At some point in the year I will update the whole lot but until then Ill have to make do with what I have :)

Beers in advance :cheers:

A quick bump...

Thanks to Keycat my throttle now works as it should do, well the bottom 50% is null but other than that its fine; cheers again for the swf22 profile :)

I upgraded the ram sticks and now got a steady cpu clock 2.59Ghz, has made a significant difference. I now get a fairly steady 22fps all the time now on 1152x864, 1800 vd, high textures, default vram, medium terrain and objects, high AF, low AA, low PP. For an old mid range setup its quite satisfactory, propbably fail miserably for big mp battles though :D