Sign in to follow this  
boomboomer

Crash with graphics problem - help please?

Hi all,

After updating to 1.05 things were fine for a while, then the crashing returned:

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/boomboomerboom/crash1.jpg

Refreshing the graphics driver seems to cure it for a while, I've even replaced my 8800GTS with a 9600GT to see if that helped - it didn't.

Only other weird thing is the CPU usage on all four cores is at maximum during the crash (alt-f4 to exit ArmA2 and via Rivatuner).

It only seems to happen in MP, even some servers and not others....

Q6600

4Gb (3.2 visible)

XP

9600GT 195.81 driver

Help?

Got the same thing here with my 8800 U SC got a new GTX 295 COOP and it started doing it again in everygame tested my RAM w/memtest 2134% no errors but it crashed when I closed memtest after the test! I have a P190 with 1200W dual PSU everything is fine in everest temps voltages etc

I suspect it may be the MB or the CPU anyone with the same problem?

well, i have a...similar? i dont know...experience whenever i fly over chernarus in a plane, i havent tested utes or with helis. But whenever i do after about 10 seconds everything turns red...like an apocalypse or something...its wierd and i have no idea wats happening. I have a thread about it with my specs in the ArmA 2 Troublshooting section.

very strange for me cause it only happens in games... furmark runs fine and everest stress test too... even the two at the same time! I ran the benchmark 1 and 2 in ARMA and they both crashed after a couple of runs video freezes then game is still running in background then crash

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I have narrowed it down to directX I test 2D and 3D evrything is fine then the directX test BANG! crashes I'll do some more testing

Solved it, started taking everything apart bit by bit and found it was the overclock on the GFX card that was causing the problem. Only a 20% overclock with extra cooling fitted, didn't seem to extreme but not acceptable it would appear.

Difficult to pin as all other games and 3D tests were fine, it was just ArmA2 that crashed. It may even be that the PSU is unable to provide the full current at overclock, even though the dual 12v rails are well over the minimum for the card.

Found by turning shadows off gives the same performance boost as the overclock so its now always overcast, even if the sun is shining, in my games.