Sign in to follow this  
android

Speed of sound issues

Hi all,

The speed of sound bug (discussed here) was fixed during 1.04.xxxxx betas, however I still see and hear some issues in it. I have 1.05 w/o mods. For the first round shot the sound is correctly delayed, but for the next shots fired immediately after the first one the sound of the shot is heard at the same time as the smoke from the barrel (i.e. when it's fired). This happens at least with small arms (AKs, sniper rifles etc.). But, if there is longer delay between shots - let's say 2 seconds, the sound is then delayed correctly again for the next bullet shot. It is easy to make mission in editor to show this. I have it ready, but don't know where to put it. Anyway, in UTES on runway put a sniper at the east end of the runway. Player (sniper preferably so you have scope ready or binocs) e.g. on the runway next to the control tower so there is some distance between player and sniper. Then, put some poor enemies (w/o ammo) in between the two gentleman and watch with the scope and listen as the other sniper shoots.

After reload the sound is delayed correctly also but only for the first round shot.

Sorry if this is already covered somewhere, I found only the thread I linked above and that it was a solved issue at Community Issue Tracker.

I have Win7.7100, X-Fi Gamer, and latest drivers and directX.

Happy New Year

-android