Sign in to follow this  
BlastinFooz619

Does anyone else have the Geforce 3 Ti 500?

I just bought the new PNY GeForce 3 Ti 500 card for $375 and i installed it correctly because OFP works really good but almost all my other games dont. like Ghost recon and almost all other games like EA sports games. i click to play and then it takes me into the game and the monitor goes offline and the little light on the monitor binks but no image just sound.... can some one please tell me if they have the same card and what they did to get around this prob.

Sorry, I don't have a GeForce 3, but it sounds similar to a problem a friend of mine had. In Windows, check your monitor settings and make sure that it is set correctly, it may think your monitor is capable of a higher refresh rate or resolution than it can handle. If you can't find the correct one, set it to a low end generic monitor and try that.

Good luck.

Jester OC

This is a problem with your monitor. You need to do several things...

First: Check the specification of your monitor.

If you have a 17", your maximum resolution will be 1600x1200 (quality monitor) 1280*1024 (cheap monitor). If you set the display resolution (screen area) above the specification of your monitor, you will get "Signal out of Range", "Signal Not Valid" or a blank screen with a flashing light...

As well as checking maximum resolution, you need to check the maximum refresh rate @ resolution, EG, I have a 17" monitor which is capable of 1600*1200@60hz and 1024*768@100hz (it can do others, but I'm just trying to illustrate a point). I do not normally recommend setting refresh above 85hz and never at maximum refresh/resolution - if you run your monitor at full stretch all the time, it won't last as long (well, that's the logic anyway).

I find that 1024x768x32@85hz is the most comfortable for me. At 75hz, the sreen flickers for me too much.

There are several ways of adjusting these settings. The most simple, is:

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced

Then, for Win 98/Me

Adaptor

For 2K (XP?)

Monitor

Here, you should have a drop down box that allows you to change the refresh rate, if you have a PnP monitor, it should automatically hide settings that won't work. If in doubt, ALWAYS use the APPLY button, as this will give you the easiest opportunity to undo what you've done...

If this doesn't correct your problems, the next step is DXDiag.

Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information

Goto the 'Tools' menu and look for 'DirectX Diagnostic Tool'.

Click on the 'More Help' tab. Here, you will see a button called 'Override'.

This let's you set the default refresh rate for _directX_ applications _not_ openGL. Put a number in here that you know works for you - if in doubt, use 60hz.

If you've got a high-powered system, then I would certainly recommend getting a high-powered monitor - one that (like mine) is capable of atleast 1024x768@100hz.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BlastinFooz619 on 9:10 am on Nov. 26, 2001

Thanx alot guys , you are the only guys that actually helped or even answered me .

thanx for the info.<span id='postcolor'>

Let us know if it helped and what changes you made to get all those games running smoothly.