Sign in to follow this  
lazylobo

Rifle Scope zoom values?

As usual what started out as what I though was going to be a simple project has grown.My

Idea was to make a Scope addon that let me use the reticles that are used in the

Shepheard Rifle scopes.

I saw one in use in Iraq,I've seen referances of them being used by others and I just

recently traded for one. :)

I'm doing a couple of small personal addons(targets,My own Soilder,etc...as both practice

and a learning experiance.Bookmarking and/or downloading tutorials and referance

material.

I'm using NWD's Scopefix v2.2 as a baseline as it seems he has done a very thurow job of

reworking the scopes in vanila ArmA and it is also used by ACE and other addon makers.

I have tried to "boil Down" his opticsZoomMin/opticsZoomMax numbers to get a working

referance chart with no luck.(Not surpizing as I am not very good at math)

I'm wearing out my search button and the only referances I keep coming across were

posted by a Gent named 'SelectThis'.They don't match up anywhere close to NWD's numbers

as far as I can tell.

The scope I wish to replicate is the Shepherd Model 310-P2,3x-10x with 18" circles and

posably later the M556,6x-18x with 9" circles and .MOA windage and elevation grids.

Does anyone know where I can find a current referance for the Zoom values used in game?