Sign in to follow this  
welshdude

A little help? Can't run Arma on decent graphic settings

Hey people.

I just bought Arma 2 earlier on so i used the website "can you run it" and i failed on two things i think it was the CPU speed and the Graphics card.

But because i want to play the game badly i installed it regardless of what that site told me (i know im a cock) when i installed it i started to tweak the settings untill i just ended up hitting the low setting and tried playing on that and was not amused so is there anything i can do or download to let me play the game on a higher settings because its pretty much impossible to get a good gaming experience on the lowest level.

Btw i think my PC is something like 1.85 ghz and the card is a ATI Raedon x1250 (I THINK!)

Thanks.

There are some addons to improve performance, but i bet they wont help you with that hardware im afraid.

Time for an upgrade if you want to play ARMA2 with better settings. My pc is not new nor expensive today. And i can play on normal wich looks good. Not like very high lushness, but it looks really good all the same. I dont think youll getting much further with your pc.

what video card do you suggest i get?

How much would it cost me?

And would it be easy to install?

Thanks.

CNP

CPU P4 3ghz or Athlon 3200+ or higher

Video Card Nvidia 7800 or ATI 1800 or higher

In my spoiler tag you see my specs. You can get better gear than that for pretty cheap money these days.

What gear i think you should buy? That i dont know my friend since i dont know how much money you want to spend. Ask yourself if its just ARMA2 you want to be able to play and at what settings. Playing ARMA2 at a decent but not totally maxed out settings for example will probably make you able to play most other games on high.

Best lower cost would be at least 3ghz dual core cpu, but better to buy a mid range quad core. For ARMA2 i hear good things about ATI video cards like for example the 4870(1GB) and up. And then get at least 2GB DDR2 800mhz RAM. But its really up to you where you put the roof of your funds for it.

Youll need a new motherboard as well. Changing your CPU and video card might even need a new PSU (power supply). Either ask a friend to help build your pc if you go for parts or if that is not an option then i would suggest a whole new pre-built pc you can get a good price on - or monthly payments if a lump sum cant be raised.

Thanks for the answer i think i will get my father to build me a PC, he did mention wanting to build one for a hobbie and hes pretty good when it comes to things like that.

Thanks again.