Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis1s

I\'m Stuck in a mission who can help me??

I was flying that plain when i had to eject, then you become a prisoner and you have to escape..well after escaping for 2 min walking in the woods a screen appears saying you walked for hours bla bla bla, then you get a new screen and i'm standing in the woods in the night...well now i have to find my friendly base on the South of the island. wich way do i have to go?confused.gif??

i keep walking for hours but i can't find a thing.

you just go past the rock and run forward with speed acceleration, you will get an ending screen then.

BTW : you should have killed 3 or more enemys before you get any silver bullets.

look for the big dipper/great bear and check your notes, it will give full instructions on where to run and teach you some basic star reading skills to...It really works :-)

I passed some missions without killing anyone and it didnt give me Red X's and make me fail the game.

yup just follow the big dipper looks kinda like the southern cross or u can just look at the moon turn left about 20 degrees and run with 4x acceleration and u dont need to kill anyone to get silver bullets i didnt even have a gun since i escaped without a gun no need for one

After being captured, I was transported by Hind to a base / town. when the Hind crew got out, I waited until the chopper had almost spun down the rotors, then I ran to that, jumped in as pilot, turned on manual fire, and shot everything in sight, 3 bmp's, 3 shilka's, 1 T80, 1 T72

I initially stole the BMP, but that's a bad move as the T80 comes along and yer toast, not to mention all the troops start lobbing grenades at you, and the BMP doesn't cope with that to well.

The mission ended when I exited to the right of the base / town that I was taken to. (for orientation the green tents were on my left just behind the half demolished building.)

I couldn't even see the moon as it was day light when I did the mission, there was nothing in the sky to see ?

cya

I ran out of the tent.

Jumped into the BMP

Ran over 50 people.

Ran towards the moon til the i had found americans and passed the mission!

i think some of u have the wrong part of this mission

he said that the screen saying uve been gone for 4 hrs and passed the mountins is up and he has to get back to the camp

this isnt how to escape its how to get back

(Edited by Nemrsis at 10:48 pm on Aug. 28, 2001)

The question is: Do we start at the same point no matter how we escaped the 'prison'?

I to took the helicopter, and ejected over the woods after getting hit.

Suddenly it was dark and i was to follow the stars to get home.

After running and searching it turned out that all i had to do was turn 180 degrees and run downwards from where i begun. It was'nt long before i was home!

I did with the Hind and at the end I followed the coastline until I reached the camp that was seized by NATO (yourself) in the previous mission (the one where you have to attack and hold a base). I landed there and the cutscene started right away.

I think it's best you run quickly to the building on the left with the ammo crates, you get a PK, clear the area of hostile forces, jump into the Hind before the BMP gets you and then destroy everything you come across. Then you do what I just told you. It takes a few tries, but it's worth it.

go west until you see a big church with a red cross, go into the church and ask for mother theresa, when she comes to see you she will give you a power pill which will teleport you to the nomansland where you should ask one big bird for help, the bird will give you a poison which you will have to drink, after you drink the poison you will change into a sleeping beauty and a frog will come to wake you up, but you will have to find a prince who should kiss the frog and the batman will arrive to rescue you!!!! don't thank me!!!!

At the second stage of that mission, don't look for the d*amn star, just run downhill towards the moon and you'll end up in a US base....

I got the trick from some guy in some different forum topic... So, don't thank me smile.gif)))

Cheers...

It sounds to me like many of you were doing outrageous escapes that would never work in real life... like running to the chopper just before the rotors stopped..

What I did, was walk with the Spetnaz guys.. (about 5 metres in front) until I reached the corner of those buildings.. turned left... walked along the front of the buildings with the Spetnaz until you reach an alleyway with a weapon crate in it.. I ducked in their, grabbed the gun, and shot the Spetnaz officer as he stepped around the corner. THen made a break for it, running from cover to cover and shooting guys before escaping up over the hill.

(I destroyed the BMP by placing a Satchel charge (from the Spetznaz officer) next to the building with the road running between it and the other road, and detonating it when the BMP went down the road.)

Then, just for fun, I blew up the chopper too... because the pilot was waiting for the dead co-pilot to jump into the gunners seat. *S*

I just wait until folks who will kill you arrived. We ride a copule a minutes and then the jeep stops. I just set into the driver's seat and escape.

Frizbee, do you think the escape you have come up with seem more realistic that the others? wink.gif

When I played this scenario for the first time, I had not gotten really well into the game. So I never thought of taking the BMP. Instead, I waited to the night. Then I ran to the ammo crates on the right and picked up an AK. Now, with the AK I could run even faster. So I went and hid myself in a bush. I picked off most infantry coming at me, until a BMP arrived. Then I went a little down the beach, then up and then it was just the walking left. Now that was time-consuming..... But I still got a good score for the infantry I took. smile.gif

I think that the car coming to pick you up and kill you was fixed with a patch. Actually, I think I had no patches first time playing. And after updating, the car actually come to pick me up. Not just standing there.....

Anyone know when that was patched?

I've got a problem with this campaign that nobody has addressed. After successfully having fled the main camp and made it to the next retry point I find myself in the middle of the forest, next to a big rock. When I've made a 180degrees turn and run towards the moon I get to one the camp you guys mention. And, yes. There are American troops there. Four infantry units if I'm not mistaken. But when I approach them I am gunned down. If I wait there for some time without approaching them there are also some Russian infantry and a BMP that arrive later. These russians appear as Green (friendly unit) when I higlight them. Could this be a bug? It's very confusing, nonetheless.

I just ran to the Hind and hauled @$$.smile.gif

The first time I played this mission, I jumped into the BMP and greased everyone.  The Hind took off, and made passes at me...but here's the kicker: it never fired.  So I proceeded to "snipe" the pilots with my MG.

(Edited by Rendar at 2:49 am on Nov. 12, 2001)

Last time I played, I took the BMP and turned 180 degrees. Then drove to the helo and made the three guard a good roadkill. Turned and did the same with the approaching pilots. Then I would take the Mi24 and wipe the whole map clean of resistance. Then haul @$$ as you said. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from aaktar on 11:13 pm on Oct. 9, 2001

At the second stage of that mission, don't look for the d*amn star, just run downhill towards the moon and you'll end up in a US base....

I got the trick from some guy in some different forum topic...  So, don't thank me smile.gif)))

Cheers...

<span id='postcolor'>

that was me tounge.gif

My roommate and I were confused with the night mission, we got out a map and then with the watch and the time of year figured out the Moon was in the souther part of the sky and we just lucked out

it took us 20 mins to figure which way was south, if i actually lived thier i would have known just by looking up which way is south, as I'm sure we all could if lost close to home

LOL now I finally understand the big dipper direction finder thing .. For while (all my life) thought if you drew a line from the big dipper to north star the bottom of the dipper line would point to south. Ran my ass off that night till I did 180 and walked into camp.

ps. crawled out of the prison through ale with out firing shot

(Edited by Bucko at 7:30 pm on Nov. 13, 2001)

I've managed to steal the BMP, steal the Hind or just run like ####, each time i end up in a base with 4 US soldiers, one with night goggles on and the mission wont end, arrrgh.

Do none of you boneheads manage to read all of the postings here??

Okay, so I managed to finish this mission after replaying it from scratch. But, the fact is, first time I played it I found the camp all you guys are raving about, but was continuously gunned down by the americans before I was even able to enter it. A few attempts ended up in all american troops dead. Regardless, there was no cutscene upon entering the camp.

Has nobody else experienced that?!?!? The strange part is that all the Russian troops were highlighted in "Green", i.e. as a friendly unit. Well, if you don't feel like bothering, why keep talking of what has already been solved. We should all know by now, to do the 180degree turn.