Sign in to follow this  
Sasqwatch

Stupid Multiplayer problem

I see that quite alot of other players have this problem. The problem is i join an online game and then it loads up fine i recieve all the data then just as i pick my role what i want to be the red chain pops up and i lose connection instantly. The thing i cant understand is these servers im trying i was playing like 6 hours ago and now it does this problem for nearly every server i try to join. So if there is an ultimate solution i would greatly appreciate it. Ive tried the winsock restart thing and still nothing.

could be the servers, what's your ping. Also, the netcode is relatively lousy and doesn't allow for good ping times to distant servers.

Edit: I see a post oyu put up last week about losing internet. You may wish to consider that your modem is bad

Edited by anfiach

Same problem here. I've been bending over backwards for the tech support and they just keep telling me graphical fixes instead of net fixes.

ISP tech support will lie to you. I once spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support because I lost connection. Everything was tried and they insisted it couldn't be the service. They finally had me unplug my modem for 5 minutes (as if I hadn't tried tha already) and then it worked fine, and they claimed the issue was my modem, they refused to admit that their local network server was the issue despite the fact that it was continually kicking back all attempts to connect. A year later, same modem and no issues. They should have done that trick BEFORE they gave me the IP and password to access my account controls. It's a little too obvious when on your screen it is telling you exactly what it is doing.

I had similar issues but i must say going into router and opening relevant ports seems to have cured all ills.

look around there were like listings of 5 ports to open in my router

somewhere on these forums.