Sign in to follow this  
Bob117

Client Sided Countermeasures Script/Addon

Does anyone know of a purely client sided script or addon that will give aircraft defensive flares aganist missles? One in which no data what so ever is needed on the server?

Wouldn't that be a cheat? If data isn't sent from the server, then other clients won't receive it.

Abs

I don't see it happening if the script isn't installed on the server as well (addon or mission).

i dont see it as a cheat and the reason i ask is because my clans server has probs running addons

Well, it is a cheat because it enables you to join any server that allows addons and gain instant protection from SAMs, which other players won't receive unless they run the addon too. This provides an unfair advantage, hence it being a cheat.

A client sided addon would be cheat. A fair solution would be to include a flares script in the mission like xeno did with domination version 1.09

so i guess its safe to say that any other client side addon is a cheat also? Fire and smoke is client side and isnt a hack. Sight Adjustment is Client Side and isn't deemed a hack( Well maybe by you). If anyone can DL the mod for the flares/ counter measures then its not a cheat. If you to damn lazy to DL and installl the MOD You have no reason to whine. Stop being lazy and sour because we have it and yall dont feel like DL Mods

im not whining about dling a mod im pissed about the fact my clans server is wacked and wont load up the mod therefore i want a client sided one u seeme like u didn't really read my original post?

so i guess its safe to say that any other client side addon is a cheat also?

Two different situations here: What's ok in coop may not be that ok in pvp. That is why pvp is mostly played on server which disallow addons or only allow a few via signature checking. Something basic and highly useful in coops, such as InstantViewDistance or SightAdjustment, is very unfair towards the others if used in pvp.

so i guess its safe to say that any other client side addon is a cheat also? Fire and smoke is client side and isnt a hack. Sight Adjustment is Client Side and isn't deemed a hack( Well maybe by you). If anyone can DL the mod for the flares/ counter measures then its not a cheat. If you to damn lazy to DL and installl the MOD You have no reason to whine. Stop being lazy and sour because we have it and yall dont feel like DL Mods

:j: Even the fire and smoke addon could be a "cheat", for example, if it blocks AI view using the smoke only on the clients computer, but on no one elses.

The point here is that it will provide an uneven playing field. If everyone has it, then there's no problem.

Chillax.

Abs

:j: Even the fire and smoke addon could be a "cheat", for example, if it blocks AI view using the smoke only on the clients computer, but on no one elses.

Uhm, the server controls the AI right? So the server would have to have the addon installed for it to block the AI's view. Client's version should have no effect on AI. Stated by DMmarwick himself servers & client need this installed to work.

Uhm, the server controls the AI right? So the server would have to have the addon installed for it to block the AI's view. Client's version should have no effect on AI. Stated by DMmarwick himself servers & client need this installed to work.

Hmmm...on hindsight, that was a bad example. The point still stands...client-side only flares = ineffective || cheat.

Abs