Sign in to follow this  
Erex

Us exercise in czech republic

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 26 2002,15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">frdfk.jpg

These people are showing what all soldiers are constantly thinking.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

is that a female?

what is she (in civilian clthes) doing there? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 26 2002,15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, living in the barracks is almost completely extremely ugly. But when you get to those exercises, well, there is much beauty in there. What I'm talking about is the nature that surrounds you.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes sure. The nature can be nice, but they always seemed to take that pleasure away with stupid things you had to do. For my basic training I was stationed at Rindö, in the Stockholm archipelago and it was on occasion very nice. We did our winter training up north, and that was also an interesting experience.

Here are some pictures from the basic training:

The obstacle course. You really learned to hate it. Lot of cold water. We spent lot of time here our first weeks:

kj1.jpg

kj2.jpg

The *allmighty* GRG (aka Carl Gustav m/86). Firing this one redefines your world. I really can't in words describe the experience, but it is really something when the pressure wave and sound hits you. Really impressive weapon:

kj3.jpg

Do I need to comment?:

kj4.jpg

The lovely view from a Stridsbĺt 90H. Being on the boat however sucks big time, since you get as wet as if you were in the water:

kj5.jpg

A group of Stridsbĺt 90Hs:

kj6.jpg

Winter training. The local alpine soldiers were very amused at our (lack of) skiing skills. If you want to loose a war quickly just deploy an amphibious battalion on snow.

kj7.jpg

When my dad was a loader on an M1A1 he remebered getting burned by the empty main gun shells on the floor, plus the smoke would sufficate you.

Also when my dad was in the army he rembered how terrible the barracks were in Fort Knox KY, especially the showers!When some one flushed the toilet, it would take the cold water away from the showers and you could hear the people scream!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 26 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to be in the forest when in the army is nearly poetic, dont know but others but finland has a very beatifull and harsh nature...its uglines makes it so nice, you hate it just as much you love it.

anyways..to fire a 120 mm mortar with the highest "charge"!!!...its presses ones helmet down, blackens the vision, empties the lungs and brings the taste of blood into your mouth...after a minute or two firing them its like to be on drugs...and then after the firing is the moment of silence, the body is shaken and everything is calm..and your listening to hear the first detonations at the distance, to be within a mortar company was good, very nice memories...plus we got to fire big bombs to large distances without being insulted as the artillery guys are heheh<span id='postcolor'>

Actually during army time I learned to like finnish nature so much that I still spend weeks every summer trotting around lapland toting a bergen and sleeping in a tent. It's really nice (and no officers are bitching at you).

Firing the mortar with maximum charge is indeed an 'experience'. Especially if you're one of the guys holding the front legs during firing (loader or director). And very especially if you forget your ear muffs. Then the firing sound really blows your mind (and ears). It's like getting your ass kicked by a professional boxer. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 26 2002,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is that a female?

what is she (in civilian clthes) doing there? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think those guys are from the Rapid Deployment Force branch (you can tell from the newer batch uniforms they are wearing). So I'm guessing that those guys are practicing controlling disgruntled females trying to take over the guard post. But it looks to me like whatever she says, those guys will do, because she has the magic thing down there in her pants. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 26 2002,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So many pics!

Ban him, Placebo!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, LOL, LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Nice pictures though.