Sign in to follow this  
Gunnykat

Lighting

Is there a way to change the size of the light in the lighting script. Here is the script I use. Works great but its too big. I am trying to make light inside a room on my LHD.

light.sqs

_object1 = _this select 0

_light = "#lightpoint" createVehicle getpos _object1;

_light setLightBrightness .50;

_light setLightAmbient[0.1,0.1,0.1];

_light setLightColor[1, 1, 1];

_light lightAttachObject [_object1, [0,15,10]];

Put this in your into section on the Item you want the light to spawn. Change the object name to the Items name.

[Object] exec ""scripts\light.sqs""";

Edited by Gunnykat

Well I tried .00225;and even wenr to .00900; no luck. The room ended up being dark. Thanks for the try tho. Anyone else have an Idea.

Edited by Gunnykat

Keep raising the number till you get the amount of light you want...

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

0.229 seems to be the cutoff from nothing to way too much.

Playing around with the LHD on the Utes map, three road cones floating in the water below the fore, mid and aft decks of the LHD seemed to light it up pretty well. I gave it a blue tint to make it more nighty. Try Road Cones with this as their init:

light = "#lightpoint" createVehicle [1,1,1]; light setLightBrightness 0.229; light setLightAmbient[.6, .8, 1]; light setLightColor[1, 1, 1]; light lightAttachObject [this, [0, 0, 0]]; this setPos [getPos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 0];

The outside will be slightly shaded blue, and not horribly bright, but inside will be well lit.