Sign in to follow this  
JAndreassen

Savegame problem

I was playing just now and got killed, so I used the suspend function to load my last save, then the game crashed to desktop. When I now restart the game and choose Resume the loading screen appears, but nothing more happens. This is a rather long mission and I dont want to revert...

Any idea as to what I can do?

Edited by JAndreassen

Unfortunately, this is a known save game bug in which the save game gets corrupted and cannot be loaded by ArmA II. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there isn't any working way to fix it unless you have more than one save game.

I would recommend playing on Regular but modifying the difficulty settings to Veteran or Expert settings, depending on what you play on. That way, you can have unlimited save games, so when one is corrupted, you just load one of the others and make up for lost progress. Better than starting the mission all over again. Of course, you could just use the endmission cheat if you aren't interested in playing through the mission again.

Hmm, I play Regular and saved several times during the mission. How can I choose what save to load? It's seems that the only possibility is to Resume.

Maybe I just can delete the most recent savegame file from \ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions\campaign and then it will load another file?

i get an error when i try to load, it says that some downloaded or edited stuff is gone. so i always need to finish a mission in 1 go.