Sign in to follow this  
PalpatineII

Action command how does it work?

Okay, I've been editing for some time now, and everything seems to be going just fine.....

Exept for one thing, the action command, what I mean is that I can't figure out how the array works.

I know that this works :

Player Action ["EJECT",heli]

This just works fine, but when I bring a unit close to a M1A1 for example, and I give the command:

Player Action ["GETIN",tank]

It doesn't work, I know that the command should include a position (like commander) to put the player in, but where in the array do I put this string?confused.gif?

Now please don't give the answer that I can also use the "AssignAsCommander", in combination with the OrderGetIn command, this is not what I want.

I think there is a great deal more possible with the action command if I just knew how....

Thanx for any advise.....

I think the action command is some what limited when it comes to controlling the player's action (since the player should be the one in control). It's okay for AI units.

What you can do is use the command:

Player MoveInCommander tank

It's what most people do.

Thanx for the reply,

I know that command, but doesn't it transport the unit directly into the vehicle?confused.gif???

It would be nicer if he would simply move to the vehicle and get in, after all the GETIN_COMMANDER action is described in every manual I've seen.

What I want to use it for primairly is for a heli pickup script, the crappy thing about the AssignAsCargo and OrderGetIn commands is that it will force the chopper to land.

This whole landing procedure takes an age, so I figured why not have the heli move in and hover at 1 or 2 meters, this way the units can still get in, and the chopper doesn't need to land, much more realistic.