Sign in to follow this  
Sid

Will ofp make it to 2.00?

To start of this post, I just want to say that we, as gamers and purchasers of this wonderous game, are open to our own opinions and ideas.

Don't worry, Sid doesn't have any ideas in this post.

To start off (for real this time, the text above is "anti-flame" material) I'd like to state that I do think OFP will make it to 2.00, and maybe some little fixes there after.

But soon, I perdict, it will slowly and slowly fall into the abyss. Eventually, BIS might move on, leaving the game in the fans hands. As little-by-little changes in OFP, the fans, even the truly devoted ones, will start to leave.

Soon, OFP will be forgotten, and we will all be awaiting the arrival of a better, more richer looking, smoother playing game known as: (Insert Futuristic Cold-Warish OFP Like-Game Here).

To end (You say: "Finally!") this WONDEROUS, FANTASTIC, SUPER NATURAL... post, I'd like to say, that I hope I am wrong.

~~~~~THE-END~~~~~ And they all died and had a horrible time in Hell.

What are you talking about anyway?

I think you need to make that a little clearer like a clear window.

Who says that BIS will need to get to 2.00 they might have the game perfected by 1.8 who knows. But no the OFP community will never die this is just such a great game no other like and non to compare to it still will be until the release of OFP 2 until then nothing to compare to it.

I suppose your right. sad.gif

But remember, there is no right or wrong answers.

It's an opinion thread after all.

Theres no doubt in my mind that they will come out with a better game, maybe BIS, or another company, i will eventually move on to another game. Unless they keep supporting it giving update, official addons, and such.

Ill definatly hang around for a while untill I get tired of restisance. Ill probly play OFP until the ultimate Military sim comes out. Which probly wont be for a few years.

I mean i was hagin around Delta Force 2 for a few years. Ill tell you I was about to break the CD i was gettin so bored of it. then... then i found out about OFP, and OFP will beat novalogics pitifull games anyday.

novalogic made, military sims, air sims, and tank sims...

BIS made all those and put it into one CD. I shit my pants when I played the demo, lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Deus Ex @ Mar. 23 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Theres no doubt in my mind that they will come out with a better game, maybe BIS, or another company, i will eventually move on to another game. Unless they keep supporting it giving update, official addons, and such.

Ill definatly hang around for a while untill I get tired of restisance. Ill probly play OFP until the ultimate Military sim comes out. Which probly wont be for a few years.

I mean i was hagin around Delta Force 2 for a few years. Ill tell you I was about to break the CD i was gettin so bored of it. then... then i found out about OFP, and OFP will beat novalogics pitifull games anyday.

novalogic made, military sims, air sims, and tank sims...

BIS made all those and put it into one CD. I shit my pants when I played the demo, lol<span id='postcolor'>

Agree with you.

OFP is the best game out there for me. All other games sucks. Ghost Recon (good trailer, lame game), Delta force or any other. smile.gif

The resistance add-on should extend OFP's lifespan. And mods for OFP (vietnam, invasion1944,ect) will have the same results with OFP as mods for Half-Life (CS, DoD, FA,ect) have done. smile.gif

I think Resistance will come out and patch it to 1.50. After that there will probably be a few adjustments but I dont think it will reach 2.00, that will probably happen in a sequel or Independence Lost.

for me, the question of OFP's longevity lies on being able to make code better. Like drop empty LAW and so on.

as computing powers are getting stronger, we would be closer to reaching reality. in future, we could have a metropolitan area in OFP and play like quake, with little lag.

my first impression with OFP was a shock. a great infantry sim, not like other hopping mad games or limited area games.

it's no question that better game will make us abandon OFP. we want something that is more realistic, diverse.

however, the chance of that better game appearing is smaller and smaller as the amount of coding that has to be done to make one is going astronomical. OFp took 4 yrs. if some other game makers want to beat OFP, they should spend more than that, like 7 years or so. that is a big risk for game makers. you are holding onto the project, not knowing what it will return.

but that does not mean that BIS is safe. a few yrs ago, we saw a big trend in gaming. strategy sims. right now, that genre is in recession as far as i see it. this would mean that recent advancement of FPS will be subjected to such slowdown sooner or later.

so BIS should improve OFP, and if it continues to do so, then it'll have good chance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck2 @ Mar. 23 2002,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The resistance add-on should extend OFP's lifespan. And mods for OFP (vietnam, invasion1944,ect) will have the same results with OFP as mods for Half-Life (CS, DoD, FA,ect) have done.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Resistance OFP looks great. The only thing i don't like is decision about the islands. They should upgrade all islands, not just make another one with better graphic. I won't be able to play on old islands anymore. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 23 2002,02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Resistance OFP looks great. The only thing i don't like is decision about the islands. They should upgrade all islands, not just make another one with better graphic. I won't be able to play on old islands anymore.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Whoa. back up. what do you mean you wont be able to play on the old islads any more?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 23 2002,03:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa. back up. what do you mean you wont be able to play on the old islads any more?<span id='postcolor'>

I think u didn't understand me. I won't be able to play on the old islands any more because i'll have better graphic on the new one.  smile.gif I will be able to play on them, but i won't feel good when i'll be playing on them.

Yep. U didn't understand me.  smile.gif

okay, gotcha. I misunderstood. SO they arent going to import the new textures to the old islands? damn. Those new pines would look great on Kolgujev and Everon