Sign in to follow this  
edc

Bouncing/flying object

Does anyone have a clue why tanks and other objects seem to flying 20000 feet into the air and bounce like basketballs when they hit the ground??

The game has no sense of weight to it or force of physics that is why.

I didn't notice this confused.gif

Although I've shot many tancs...

Does it happen on all versions(I have 1.46) ?

This post was a 100% wrong but here is the right info.

If you upgrade to 1.46 or whatever there at now you tank bouncing prob should be fixed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 22 2002,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep don't matter what version you have tanks still bounce when shot with a M16<span id='postcolor'>

Not true, not true, not true and again not true. Are u sure that u have version 1.46.

They fixed this bug in v1.45. Tanks and other ground vehicles are ok now. air vehicles are still bounching when they hit ground. destroyed air vehicles afcourse.

Naa I tend not to upgrade to .45 but wait for the .5 to come out okay I will alter the last post at least they sorted that anoying thing when OFP shut down when loading as it was taking to long to load in 1.4.

What are u talking about. The game loads with the same speed as before.

You should updgrade your OFP. v1.46 is the best patch out there.

Try shooting a shitload of ffar's at the lst and it will start to bounce. It will fly tens of feet into the air, and also try planting a satchel under a cessna. And yes, i have 1.46.

I have 1.46 and just tried planting a satchel under an empty Cessna. Nothing unusual happens. The plane explodes, leaping into the air, spinning, and hits the ground where it stays, smoking.

Last time i tried, the cessna started bouncing non stop for a minute, but it could have been before updating to 1.46. I'll try again today. Yesterday i destroyed a humvee and it flew tens of meters into the air, but i used a maverick. A maverick has either a 50 kg HEAT warhead of a 135 kg fragmentation warhead, more than enough to send a car flying, but a satchel shouldn't be that powerful. In the real life, a satchel placed a meter away of a mbt wouldn't even scratch it, but in opf the mbt blows up.

This has been talked before. Well they need a new physics engine. I hope Resistance improves on the physics engine but some of the bugs shall remain since it's using the same engine. I have higher hopes for OF2 biggrin.gif

Did BIS, Codemasters, or anyone closely related to them ever showed even the slightest hint whatsoever about a possible plan to develope Flashpoint 2 ?

I guess its just a speculation wow.gif

But I've also seen many other threads about OFP2 confused.gif

Anyone wanna correct me?