Sign in to follow this  
JackandBlood

Shifty Powers the original DMR

Watch Band of Brothers again (its always worth another watch). Imagine Shifty with a true marksmen rifle, zeroed, free floating barrel, and with proper optics.

Toast, to our fighting men, to 101st, to all who go in the face of death for the benefit of our way of life. :icon_eek:

well all you need to do is read about Simo Häyhä

Edit*

And to say that, Häyhä did refused to use a scope for his bolt rifle as he said it would give him a biger profile - since a scope is forcing you to lift your head a bit higher then with the ironsights

Well im talking DMR not sniper, and either way. I toast to ANY riflemen or servicemen, that does it for the proper benefit, so that such things as forums of uncensored communication exist at all.

yeah i just saw a thing on military ch. that mentioned simo hayjah guy, he was a real badass, over 500 kills in a year, but then unfortunately got shot in the jaw and lost it but did not die.

Hähyä was just to badass for death.

I mean if you would be death, would you want to tell someome that you have to take him with you after he killed aprox. 700 people ?

700 ppl eh? Fuck artillery, to Simo, the original casualty creator. *Stomachs two shots of Finlandia* :D

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

just hope hes was doing it for the right cause is all, Stalin's a bit of a conundrum, would you say.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

woo Finlandia, Vodka of finland, and my favorite label (Grey Goose is overrated trash). To Simo indeed.

700 ppl eh? Fuck artillery, to Simo, the original casualty creator. *Stomachs two shots of Finlandia* :D

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

just hope hes was doing it for the right cause is all, Stalin's a bit of a conundrum, would you say.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

woo Finlandia, Vodka of finland, and my favorite label (Grey Goose is overrated trash). To Simo indeed.

Agreed!

Grey Goose is tat.

Finlandia is nice but I prefer Pshenichnaya (Ice cold) myself :)

Eth

Well its no longer about Shift Powers (even though I read about him and watched him on DVD, A true hero). Simo is Finland?, it just so happens that Finlandia (Vodka of Finland) is the best vodka on the market. I know this from experience. So then toast to our fighting men whereever they may be (I'm still toasting to Shifty Powers).

Jack,

If you get a chance to read Wild Bill Guarnere's & Babe Heffron's account of the war (Brothers in Battle * Best of Friends), you'll find a few great references to Shifty (RIP This year). There's one account where this Virginia boy was able to spot a tree behind the German lines moving ever so slightly day by day. Turned out to be a well camoflauged armor position after they destroyed it. Bill said Shifty was the only one who could have noticed it, and he saved many lives. He was a true hero.