Sign in to follow this  
plafond

Cant install any arma 2 patches ???

Please help tried installing patches over and over, they dont work???

I've got a Gateway 7805u intel core 2duo p8400 2.26ghz, 4 gb, 64 bit vista, nvidia Geforce 9800m gts 1 gb. :yay:

Dont work how?

Please state whats going wrong. What the error messages are. Hard to know for us without real info.

Alex

do you get a error before the patch instals or do get one in the patch progress

I'm not getting any error messages, but I did get the white screen a few times. The big problem is I download the patch and it doesnt allow me to run the patch after download is complete. I can either close the download box or attempt to open but when I try to open the patch I believe it says folder is empty? I havent been playing cpu games in awhile, but if I recall correctly the way I am to install a patch is to 1st download, then run, right? I've tried reinstaling a few times, but I just give up after awhile.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The parches are in the correct folder Whatever C:/programfiles/bohemia/ arma 2 folder. But when I start the game in the bottom right the version number is still 1.01.?

Okay, I think I know what your problem is.

Firstly, is what happens when you double click the patch (should be an .exe file)

does a popup come up asking if you want to install the ARMA 2 patch with a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

If this happens press 'yes'

Okay, now a little box should come up with the title "X% extracting" where X is some %age?

If this happens, does the form (the box that popped up) close and then nothing happens? Is that your problem?

No, I dont get any box popping up. I just try downloading the patch from several different sites know, the download completes. I try to open after the download is complete, but it says compressed zip file. So I close out the intial download box. Then I try going to where the patch is download and double clicking on the patch it says compressed zip folder error the compressed zip folder : C:/program files/bohemia/arma2/arma2 patch 1.03.zip is invalid.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I just click download, it completes. Normally I thought after the download complete it should give me an option to run but it doesnt. only open (which it wont cause its compressed) or close the download box???

No, I dont get any box popping up. I just try downloading the patch from several different sites know, the download completes. I try to open after the download is complete, but it says compressed zip file. So I close out the intial download box. Then I try going to where the patch is download and double clicking on the patch it says compressed zip folder error the compressed zip folder : C:/program files/bohemia/arma2/arma2 patch 1.03.zip is invalid.

Try downloading the patch right click>save target (or save link in firefox) and save it to say your desktop. then try to download a program called WinRar, and then install winrar and open the Zip manually....

http://www.rarlabs.com/ <winrar link

http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/folder.html?lang=en <1.3 patch

Il try to help as much as I can ^.^

I don't know if this will help but I had a similar issues with installing 1.03

I forgot that I renamed the Arma2.exe to Crysis64.exe.....and this would not let me patch the game.

Easy solution was to change name back to Arma2.exe and patched succesfully.

My 2cents...

Dont work how?

Please state whats going wrong. What the error messages are. Hard to know for us without real info.

Alex

i have problem with patch...message is"arma 2 not install or cruppted'..i use version 1.0057..and i extract to folder name arm2 and i have arma2..xp32bit..

Thanks Xaxisyprime, What I was doing wrong was using the left mouse button. I forgot abot the right click save target as. :P