Sign in to follow this  
TO VIPER

Unit repair problems

I have played arma for the longest time and only recently have noticed something strange going on. So i'm seeking some advice. When I play Evolution on a few servers i've been getting frustrated.

Usually I take the ENGINEER class and try my best to get things back up and running 100%. When I come up to a vehicle or helicopter thats damaged and build a farp, get in the gunner or back seat position, or crew chief position...the armour gauge starts to go up then resets back to zero. All the while i'm sitting in the bird for eg. watching the textures go from damaged to 100% good right back to wrecked again. I have the repair truck right beside the damaged unit. I"ve noticed that when I go to EXTERIOR VIEW "COMMAND" and zoom out it keeps it at 100% but also does not fill up the fuel on board.

Secondly, i've noticed that when I have gained more rank, i.e sargent and up this problem does not seem to be so prevelent. Its really frustrating and i'm starting to think it has to do with rank even though it shouldn't. When I used to be medic...every person i'd heal would give me credit. now i'm wasting time experimenting with what i might or might not be doing wrong with 1 damaged unit, while everyone else is fighting to gain points and having fun. I like repairing the downed units, tanks, choppers etc but i'm wondering if somebody here can tell me the EXACT procedure to fix things so I will get credit for everything I come accross. Is it rank related?? Should I go out and do some fighting before doing some repair jobs?

I'm a 35 year old gamer that loves to play but my patience is wearing thin now LOL! Thanks everyone.

firebird_403@hotmail.com is my email, please feel free to email me directly if you want, can't have enough arma buds.