Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_McW

Video Graphics Problems with Arma Gold 1.14

I have a Dell Pentum 4, 2.6 Ghz with 1gb RAM and EVGA Nvidia 6200 with 512 mb vram. My version of ArmA is Gold 1.08 upgraded with latest patch 1.14. My Nvidia drivers are also the most current (190.38) and my DirectX version is 9.0c.

ArmA will load but shows fragmented glitchy shadows in the background then after loading Missions will not display the icons (not always but mostly). After entering a specific mission, the mission will complete it's load but freeze when it starts to run the cut scenes and does not progress to the gameplay. The system will Alt-Tab out to Windows and in Task Manager is designated "Running" (not Not Responding) but CPU utilization is at 0%. When Alt-Tabbing back to ArmA the screen is still frozen at the beginning of the cut sceen (screen is black).

Bootcamp missions will load but shadows are incomplete, facial features of soldiers are distorted and/or incomplete and detail features (inside of tank for example) are incomplete.

I verified with EVGA that my video card supports Hardware Vertex Pixel Shader 2.0. This video card also works perfectly with all my other games that I have on my computer except the issues stated above about ArmA.

I would very much appreciate any help towards solving this very frustrating issue. Thank You!