Sign in to follow this  
dai-san

Random spawn of AI group

Hi,

I am currently making a Multiplayer Co-op (AI disabled) assassination mission and have the bones of it sorted.

However, I have an enemy HQ which has a map that my squad must collect.

When collected I want this to trigger to spawn a VIP with a group of guards at one of 3 fixed locations and then put a marker on the map so my squad can then go kill him.

I have a collect evidence script that is working fine but just need to know how to make the VIP and guards randomly spawn at one of the three locations and mark the map.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

markers = ["MarkerOne","MarkerTwo","MarkerThree"];
_pos = markers select (floor random 3);
// insert code to spawn units at _pos

Search to figure out the rest, there are a billion examples on spawning units.

If your gonna put that why put anything at all? Posts mean prizes is it?

Because, I'm not going to post something that's already been posted a hundred times already.

Thanks for the help, the code you posted was just what I was after Dawg, though the rest was a bit unwarranted.

Most appreciated none the less.

Because, I'm not going to post something that's already been posted a hundred times already.

Mr helpful.... :rolleyes:

Alot of people dont have alot of scripting knowledge so a point in the right diection (a link) would be extremely helpful. I always use the search function before posting and sometimes (just sometimes) I cant find what I am looking for. Maybe its the keywords I am using or whatever, thats when I post in the forums asking for help from helpful people. Usually I get that help.

I also mention the fact that these forums help me create my missions that I post because (as it says in the mission briefing, look at Puddle Trouble) without these helpful people I wouldn't be able to do this.

Might make a blacklist as well. :p

Would you prefer I not post anything at all then? I'm here to help people figure stuff out, not to write all their code for them.

The information IS here, you just need to search.

If you think it's tedious to search, think about how many times I would have to search for all these threads so I can refer them to it every time someone makes a new thread on the subject.

Ok, people do appreciate people helping them, they really do. Its not laziness asking for help especially where scripting is concerned. Its not the easiest thing to pick up you must admit.

I am not asking nor expecting you to answer every help thread, far from it. I am sure you have better things to do. But, answering a thread by telling the OP to go and search for an answer is kind of counter-productive in my eyes. The original OP came here asking for help because he either couldnt find anything or is completely at a loss to how to fix the problem he is faced with.

Thats why people post here asking for help. I just cant see the point of posting "use the search function" to be perfectly honest, you may as well as typed "sorry, cant help you".

They mean the same thing really.