Sign in to follow this  
yu6mu

Map & Waypoints

Hi all, noob question for you.

I open the map & double click to add a waypoint (Black Circle with an X).

How do i get this waypoint to be displayed on screen as a waypoint so that i can navigate to it when i come out of the map view?

tia

Thats a marker your putting on the map. Use shift click to place a waypoint (shows as a thin circle with another inside it), this will show in the "hud" and you can have any ai team mates go to it with next waypoint context command.

Oh, wow!!

I didn't think that was possible since OFP. I've been really missing that ability!!

Thanks!!

in the waypoint window at the bottom you have 3 options, Never show, show in cadete moce, Always show.

Choose what you want. Default is Never Show.

Is this what you want?

Hi all,

i tried the Shift + LMB and it lets me create just one waypoint on the map.

If however I do another Shift + LMB after having created the first waypoint, it simply moves the existing waypoint to the new place I selected.

Seems to me that just 1 waypoint can be created.

Is there any way to input several waypoints in sequence (wp1, wp2, etc.) in game (obviously I'm not talking about the editor here) ?

Hi all,

i tried the Shift + LMB and it lets me create just one waypoint on the map.

If however I do another Shift + LMB after having created the first waypoint, it simply moves the existing waypoint to the new place I selected.

Seems to me that just 1 waypoint can be created.

Is there any way to input several waypoints in sequence (wp1, wp2, etc.) in game (obviously I'm not talking about the editor here) ?

Not unless your in a high command mission where you are both the high commander and your group is a subordinate group at the same time (you can tell because your high command group shows up as a flag). In that case you can set your own group multiple waypoints in game like any other high command group, except your group won't automatically start moving to them until told to (next waypoint command).