Sign in to follow this  
LiFesAgAme

Fps Issue-Performance is not affected by quality at all

Hi,I got my legal copy of arma 2 today and i had been playing the demo till i got the game.In the demo i could play the game at settings with 1680*1050 ,2600view distance, objects very high,shadows high,post processing very high,also the 3dresolution is 1680*1050. i could get 35+fps in demo that was very pleasing however with the original game setup, my fps is like stuck at 29fps.its like there is a fps limiter or something.no matter what settings i try, it wont go up 30fps even when you look up or down to see what the max fps is.i tried turning off the vsync but it didnt help.my pc specs are

q9550@4.1 ghz

biostar i45

kingston hyperx1066 ddr2

hd4870

the pc is up to date with latest drivers and mobo bios.so what do you think the problem is?this is really annoying.btw i use 1.02.

So many topics with the same questions and fewer answers, feel free to search and you too can add to the page count on these. I do like the way you state you now have your 'legal' copy, fascinating.

So many topics with the same questions and fewer answers, feel free to search and you too can add to the page count on these. I do like the way you state you now have your 'legal' copy, fascinating.

oh thank god you are glad.

the strange thing is that the demo is pretty playable and i hardly have any performance issues in the demo.

The game actually runs worse than the demo (due to the demo being a section of the map and not the entire map), that said, in a lot of cases it's a misreading by fraps/evga. Try lowering your video settings and if it still reads 29fps but it's not extremely choppy then you're actually well over 29fps, just a bad reading. If it's still choppy there's several things that help but don't work for everyone.

First, force VSync off through ATi tray tool, try setting max pre-rendered frams to 1 as well (if that doesn't work, experiment with it but 1 or 0 is usually best option), try some older ATi drivers. There are several other fixes but those are the ones that usually work the most.

The game actually runs worse than the demo (due to the demo being a section of the map and not the entire map), that said, in a lot of cases it's a misreading by fraps/evga. Try lowering your video settings and if it still reads 29fps but it's not extremely choppy then you're actually well over 29fps, just a bad reading. If it's still choppy there's several things that help but don't work for everyone.

First, force VSync off through ATi tray tool, try setting max pre-rendered frams to 1 as well (if that doesn't work, experiment with it but 1 or 0 is usually best option), try some older ATi drivers. There are several other fixes but those are the ones that usually work the most.

thanks for the message.i tried the lowest settings and as far as i could feel there was no performance difference,at that settings game should be fluent as liquid but it wasnt.i dont know but its like game stabilizes itself around 25fps.i dont have many fps drops or sudden fps drops which other folks moan about.