Sign in to follow this  
Windexglow

Can't move while tossing grenades?

I realize holding a small object and pulling the pin is a very physically demanding and mental task, but why can't we move while doing it? Is it to prevent nade spammers?

i can run and throw nades. Dont know if thats what you meant though?

EDIT: Walk i meant...

EDIT2: Wich will play the old "run" anim from ArmA1 when we could run and throw nades. Not in sprint but shift run. Now we cant. And i think its good actually. Run real fast and throw a nade seem dangerous lol.

Edited by Alex72

I realize holding a small object and pulling the pin is a very physically demanding and mental task, but why can't we move while doing it? Is it to prevent nade spammers?

I imagine holding enough explosive in your hand to blow you and all your friends to kingdom come is quite mentally demanding. Maybe that's why every military system doesn't encourage people to use them like fireworks.

I've played this game for a fair few hours now and, knowing most of it's glaring faults, I'm having a hard time taking some of these complaints seriously.

Yeah if you pull the pin of a grenade, you are not moving until you have heaved it long a clear. I don't know about you however I like to try and not turn myself into pink mist...

I have a tendency to pull the pin while still behind cover, thinking (even though I've played the demo quite a bit) I will go around the corner to throw it. Of course I remember one moment too soon that I can't move with it.

I have a tendency to pull the pin while still behind cover, thinking (even though I've played the demo quite a bit) I will go around the corner to throw it. Of course I remember one moment too soon that I can't move with it.

Very good point. Whe need some form of movement with grenades, it is realistic, especialy so in the above situation.

Also, is it possible to hold the grenade before you throw? Or does he just laucnh it the second you press the button?