Sign in to follow this  
Typooni

Bugs in Co-op campaign

Could have made this in multiplayer section too, but well lets try this one first.

First I want to say thanks to BIS for making this excellent game, clanmates and I are very pleased with Arma 2! This is not some random kid complaining, but more like a humble report of some errors we have come across in co-op campaign so far.

These all are included in latest 1.02 patch version... Ill just list these bugs in order in which these come to my mind:

• Performance in towns
    First I would like to point out that our clan is well equipped to play any new game there is, so we were bit disappointed to find out that Arma 2 was such a heavy game to run. Especially in towns and villages, so we suggest that the most severe performance drops might have something to do with houses optimization or something. Performance is really good in forests and in northern region, as far from houses as possible we are getting 30-50ish FPS with HIGHish 1680x1050 low AA -settings.
  • Some missions unplayable
    Some missions seem to be unplayable in INTERNET hosted Co-op campaign with at least 2 human players at server. These missions are Bitter Chill as both options fail when in co-op, you either get killed in heli and mission ends or AI driver gets stuck when he should be speaking and screen should go black and jump should be occurring. This is described in here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2687 Many missions are unplayable in very annoying way, as when we have completed objectives/joining second convoy in Delaying the Beer, the game says that we have managed to get through the mission and gives a CONTINUE button, but when pressed gives the same mission with REVERT/RESUME options. These all unplayabilities work when I host the campaign in LAN without any players except me!
  • Bugs in Badlands
    1. No money from human teammates kills
    2. Respawn not working, just ends mission no matter what you do.
    3. Resume disappearing after one resume
    4. If resuming straight away clients stuck in loading screen, they have to reconnect to get in game.
    5. Sometimes AI Razer team unresponsive in the start of the mission.
  • General suggestions and SAVE GAME
    We need save game management like in single player in the Co-op campaign! Also netcode needs some improvement... Many crashes occur too...

Ill be back to describe some more problems when have more time.