Sign in to follow this  
2nd47

Create a group for units created through trigger activation

For my new map everything was heading well until I hit a snag. I need to create soldiers and make them create their own group(s). Currently I am using the following code for a single unit, repeated for several units.

"USMC_Soldier_GL" createunit [markerpos "c41_1", "nul = {this, 3, 10, cx41_1,wpcx41.sqf} execVM respawn_init.sqf"];

If anyone has any insight on this it would be much appreciated if they could help me out.

Are you saying that they decide themselves what groups to create.

Is there a specific reason to do it this way, rather than pre assign the groups?

Are you saying that they decide themselves what groups to create.

Is there a specific reason to do it this way, rather than pre assign the groups?

I need a way to pre-assign certain units to certain groups. The reason I can't use an already spawned unit and it's respawn script is because I need the event to occur when one trigger is satisfied and the other is not.

Let's say I create two "USMC_Soldier" in the west side of town, and two more on the east side of town. I need the first two to join "group1" and the others to join "group2", though I cannot make them create the group through the createUnit command. Thus I need another command to do this, but I cannot set variable names to the units through the createUnit amount either so I find myself in a bind.