Sign in to follow this  
Vetbeer

2 Noob questions please help!!!

Hi guys

First of all,its my first time playing Arma and wow what a game!!I got 2 questions: How do I set waypoints on my map in campaign mode??and How do I get the chopper to fly myself and the squad to a specific place on the map.

Cheers

Don't know about the setting of waypoints but with regards to the helicopter; If you've summoned it key predd 0 8 1), when you climb on board the pilot will ask you where you want to go. Just open up the map and left click on the desired location. If you're already en route press 0 8 1 and again the pilot will ask where you want to go. Incidentally I find that I can't alter the scale of the map when I open it once in the helicopter so I make sure it is at the right scale before I climb on board.

Later on you could buy a chopper, climb in and tell the pilot where to go, just like you tell your other crew members. But be warned.... that guy is a noob and has no idea to bring a chopper to hover. So if you reach the location you want to get out, tell him to disembark, which (in my opinion) makes the guy land much closer to your location. Else you will get to the borders of the map ;)